Monday, March 24, 2014
Week 1 in the MTC
Dear Family,
So my first day at the MTC was pretty crazy! Right after I got my name tag and bags settled, I went right to class. That was where I met my companion. Her name is Sister Jensen. I met her over facebook before I came here so it was great to see a familiar face. She is pretty much as tall as Jordyn! (very short missionary) haha
Later that day we got to speak with "investigators" and pretend to be missionaries in a real situation. It was pretty cool. Oh! Both me and my companion are both rookies, so the first day was really hard and overwhelming because neither one of us knew what we were doing. It is already getting better though. Apparently I showed a good impression because I have just been called to be a "Coordinating Sisters Trainer". So, I will be in charge of taking care of all of the rookie sisters from my district next week! My P-day will be on Thursday the 27th so look for my emails!
My testimony has grown so much over the past 24 hours! I have prayed more times in one day than I have in a week! The power of prayer is incredible! It has really helped me become more open and closer to my companion. Starting tomorrow we will be teaching an investigator. Just the 3 of us...never done that before. So, I am praying for the spirit!!
Oh! and there are 6 of us going to Utica. The other 2 companions are boys...Sorry, ELDERS! I can't call them guys, or boys, or dudes. HaHaHa
But anyway, I am doing well here so far. I cried myself to sleep the first night but said a prayer and totally felt better. Everyone is so kind and loving to all of us.
I miss you all so much and I love you all SO much!!
Love,
Sister Keller
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
She is so sweet and doing so well. Hope she received the package from the triplets ok. They sent her a goodie box on Friday.
ReplyDelete