Dear Family,
I am so grateful to have the gospel in my life. We have the truth. We know God's plan, and we know what we can become. It is simple, yet so much to take in. It is the best thing we could ever hope to have in this life because it carries on through the next life and on for eternity. I went to a different church's Christmas celebration to represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and it made me so grateful to be a member of our church knowing how much God has in store for us through His Gospel. I just want to work that much harder now to proclaim this gospel to all of upstate New York!!! I'll just stick with Horseheads for now and work my way around though. The church is true
We had a lesson with a man that the ward knows as "grumpy 'ol Mike" He really is grumpy! But we finally got him to open up to us as to why he doesn't want to come to church and get baptized. It's a long story, but we know where to go from here now. It will take a very long time, but the Lord knows when the time is right. John is doing pretty good still. His new date is set for December 27th. The church is true
Want to know something crazy?? Remember that one guy I told you about that wanted to hit us with a broom? Well, his grandson ( the guy we were trying to find in first place) texted us the other day!!! He wants to meet up again sometime! It's been a couple days since our last contact with him, but I am hopeful that something will happen. The church is true
We really had very spirit felt lessons with less active members this past week. I have come to see how much I love to feel the sweet spirit. Especially when I have a hard time or a rough day. The Lord makes up for it. Times like those, almost make you forget about the bad stuff. I guess that is how I have seen my mission as such a wonderful experience. I can hardly remember the rough times. I still cringe when I hear about breaking teeth though...... The church is true
Christmas update! I got your great big package this week! I cant wait to open my presents! Mom.. I shook a couple presents... and then remembered that you told me not to. I can't tell what anything is anyway. I also got the Robinson's package today! They let me open something everyday until Christmas. I still don't know what time I will be calling, but I do know that it will be sometime after 1 my time. I'm hoping to call somewhere between 3 and 3:30 my time, but I don't know yet. Just make sure you are all together anytime after 11 I guess. I will have a final update next monday to let you all know. I want you all to come ready to ask me a bunch of questions!!!!! Let's use our time to the fullest! So start making your list! The church is true
I love you all!!! I cant wait another 10 days!!!!!
Love, Sister Keller
No comments:
Post a Comment