Monday, December 1, 2014

TIME FLIES...

Dear Family,

This week feels like it just flew by! I can hardly remember what I did 10 minutes ago! Oh wait, I went to Target.. :) I felt like I needed to participate in Black Friday shopping on Monday, so I did :) It was fun. We had a pretty good Thanksgiving. It was at the Gabrish's home. They live in the middle of no where, and so we had a "country dinner" as they called it. They didn't have a stove, so most everything was dutch oven. It was pretty good! We had fun. Sister Gabrish was the one who text the picture of us to you. She sent one to my companion's mom as well. We stayed for a little bit to see your response. That was so awesome!!!! President gives us permission to be at member's homes longer than an hour on holidays. So we stayed for about 2. Something I thought was funny is that I have been told by tons of people that I have a cool accent! I guess us Idahoans have an accent that only the east coast can recognize.

We were very busy on Friday and Saturday! I love busy days! We really relied on the Lord to plan out our days the night before, and everything worked out! Nothing was dropped, or missed. We saw everyone we sought out to see, and more!  On Sunday we had 3 dinner appointments within 3 hours. I was so full!! I haven't felt hungry in days! Members feed us like mad! I feel so blessed though!

One of the members had a boy just come home from serving his mission. He was in Utah. We got to go to his home coming open house. He seemed so happy to be home! 2 years seems like such a long time!! But I can definitely say that it goes by a lot faster when you are the one serving! I am almost half way finished, and I feel like I just started still! But then again, I also feel like I have come such a long way, and have grown so much! I have learned things on my mission that I don't think I could have or would have ever learned on my own. I used to think I had to rely on the spirit. That I had to be obedient. And that I needed to be here. But now, I know that I NEED to rely on the spirit. I WANT to be obedient, and the LORD needs me here. That's because the church is true.

Love,

Sister Keller

Oh, I had the hardest time staying awake this morning during my personal study! I was about to say my prayer. Dear Heavenly Father... zzzzzzzzzz...... Then Sister Howard took a picture of me. I repented for falling asleep during a prayer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment