Monday, February 2, 2015

BUSY

Dear Family,

My week has been so busy!!!!!! I can't tell you how tired I have been. The beginning of the week was normal. Preparation day, and then another casual day harvesting in the Lord's vineyard of Horseheads. Then on Wednesday we started our exchange. We have district meetings in Corning every Wednesday so we just hitched a ride with the elders over there and then did our swap after the meeting. I was pretty bummed to leave Sister Howard. We have become such great friends and we had also done an extremely good job of planning that week to be jam packed full of teaching apts. I was going to miss out on so much in my area, but I knew that Sister Howard and Sister Williams were going to do great! Sister Yancee and I had a lot of fun in Corning. Although a lot of stressful things happened. First of all, my zipper broke on one of my skirts... During a teaching apt!!! It was so bad! I had to hold up my skirt the whole time. Second, one of their investigators dropped them. She was pretty sad about that, but we found 2 new great people at the end of our exchange for them. On Wednesday night, we went to the branch's mutual activity and taught the girls how to play volleyball. They have a tournament with the Elmira ward coming up. I got to coach them with my mad skills. Thursday and Friday went pretty well too. We were pretty busy and got to see lot's of the members over there. I never feel fully welcomed in that branch. They are always so terrified that there was an emergency transfer or something when they see me and not the other sister. It's happened twice now. But then they realized we are just on an exchange and feel fine knowing I'll be back in my own area soon. Friday night they have "game night" which was a lot of fun. They bring investigators to the church and they do all kinds of fun things in the gym. We were playing dodge ball once and I was trying to refrain from falling on a kid and ended up hurting my knee again. It's all good now. I haven't needed to wear the brace today which is good! Saturday we exchanged back. I was so glad to be back in my own area!!!! I came back to a whole new missionary! Sister Howard learned so much about teaching and she is stellar at planning! Her weaknesses have become strengths!

There was another baptism in the Elmira ward on Saturday :) 2 great young men taught by the elders now making an entire family members of the church. I am so happy for them!! President and Sister Wirthlin surprised us by showing up to their confirmation and bore their testimonies during the Sacrament meeting. It was pretty great. 

Today at Wal-mart, we had a really cool experience! We were walking around and this man came up walking behind us. He said something like "we walk too fast" and he was trying to catch up! But as it turned out, he is a member of the church! He is a truck driver who passes by here all the time and asked us if there was a ward near by. We told him it was less than a mile away from here! His name was Brother Brown. He was pretty cool! I hope we see him at church on Sunday :) The church is true.

I love you all so much!!!! Pray that I don't get stuck in the snow somewhere! :) 

Love,  Sister Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment