Monday, January 26, 2015

BE THOU HUMBLE

Dear family,

I am so glad that last week is over!! It was a really hard week for Sister Howard and I. We went into it thinking it was going to be so great and then it turned out to be the exact opposite. The whole time I was thinking that there must have been a reason for all of this to happen. The Lord must be trying to teach me something here.

So we had meetings scheduled to meet with some pretty great people. They got cold feet and backed out at the last minute. We had 2 amazing investigators who were so prepared and dropped us. I also slipped on the ice and banged my knee up pretty good. I had to go get a brace for it to wear for a couple weeks. Literally everything we had planned fell through. There was also a day when we got yelled at, at every door we came to. I was so confused! We both KNEW that there must have been a reason as to why we were having such a terrible week! But then one morning we both had a similar personal study. We both had the impression to study humility... Well, I learned my lesson. The Lord was teaching me how to be humble by putting me through challenges that would do the job. I was praying and the song lyrics popped into my head "Be thou humble in thy weakness, and the Lord thy God shall lead thee". It is very easy to be humble in happy moments, because we give the glory to God and are feeling blessed. But it is very hard to stay humble when your day is terrible. Some may think it is just the opposite, but I can beg to differ. We MUST remember that with every challenge or set back in our lives, the Lord is at work providing something better.

Well, He did provide something better! We found a great guy to teach on Sunday! We had so much fun with members this week as well. Melissa is most likely going to get baptized on February 14th. We have so many teaching appointments set up for this week that we aren't sure how we are going to make them all yet! I am so grateful for all of the lessons I am learning. They come when I least expect them nor want them, but they are so wonderful later on!

This week I will be going to Corning again, this time serving with Sister Yancee. It is going to be a very different exchange! I will be there for 3 days instead of 24 hours. My companion gets to take over this area for 3 days with a greenie.  I am pretty excited! So many great things happen over exchanges!

I love you all so much! I think about you guys all the time and I miss you!

The church is true
Love Sister Keller
The brunt of today's snow storm going through New York 
will miss Sister Keller, but winter is still in full force. 
BRRRRRRR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment