Monday, January 12, 2015

BRRRRRR!

Hello Family!

 I am still alive! No frost bite!! (yet...) It is soooo cold here! I don't like humid -11 wind-chills. It just burns! It's like having dry ice hit you in the face. But President Wirthlin has told us to stay inside during days like these. I knew an Elder who had frostbitten ears. They got better but he said they hurt so bad when they thawed. I cover literally every single part of my face. I have way too many layers on right now. So needless to say, I'm pretty warm. 

This week was pretty sweet! There were 4 people baptized from the Elders area on Saturday. I really like that family. We take their mother out teaching with us sometimes. Even before she was baptized, she loved to come teach. She just knew how wonderful the gospel was and wanted to start sharing it with others. It is like Elder Bednar's talk this past General Conference. When we discover something that brings us joy and relief, we want to immediately share it with others. She has a very powerful testimony. Her girls do too! She has 2 daughters and were so happy to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost on Sunday and be welcomed into the Elmira Ward family. The 4th woman is a friend of theirs I believe, but I am not sure. She could be a relative. She was so happy too. There is another family getting baptized this Saturday too! MAN! People here are just so ready! I am so excited to be a part of this great work! The missionaries in this area, the 4 elders, Sister Howard and I have been working so hard. The ward is extremely grateful for our efforts. Especially our Bishop and the other auxiliaries. I hope all 6 of us stay at least one more transfer here!!! The goal for this year in the ward was to have about 15 baptisms. We are already at 6! There is a pretty good possibility for 13 more to come real soon.

In November the Elders also baptized a young girl from our area. They taught her while there were no sisters, so that's why she wasn't ours. But we teach her the new member lessons now. She hasn't been coming to church, but we have been really working hard with her. She sees the importance of coming to church and is going to be there in these next 2 weeks. We are excited to help her get prepared to go to the temple with the rest of the youth.

There is a really sweet member who we see multiple times a week. She used to be less active, but since we have been here she no longer is. Her testimony has strengthened so much! We have really seen her grow. We frequently study the Book of Mormon with her and relate it to her life. I have gained such a powerful testimony of the Book of Mormon!!! I find so much joy in reading it! We recently brought this woman to come teaching with us. It was the first time she had ever been asked to come out with the missionaries, and she LOVED it!! She was such a big help too. She has a great testimony, and can really relate with people.

"So much in life depends on our attitude. The way we choose to see things and respond to others makes all the difference. To do the best we can and then to choose to be happy about our circumstances, whatever they may be, can bring peace and contentment."
—Thomas S. Monson

The church is true! 

Love, Sister Keller


No comments:

Post a Comment