Dear Family,
I had a pretty good birthday. Well, birthweek.The actual day itself wasn't too fun. The weather was super bad and we couldn't go outside. Then everyone we had scheduled to meet with that day canceled on us, including the dinner appointment. So we did a lot of practicing teaching lessons with each other and catching up on Sister Howard's 12 week training. We are on our 2nd transfer together by the way. Okay enough with the down side... That morning we had a sweet lesson with an investigator and then went to the church to help a woman crochet a hat (my companion's kind act of service that day because I don't know anything about yarn) and she surprised me with the entire young woman's class to sing happy birthday and give me a present! It was very unexpected! I also got phone calls throughout the entire day of different people singing happy birthday to me! I had about 20 people sing to me and had 2 different parties at members houses throughout the week :) Oh, and yes, I got your package on the 2nd!
Church was AWESOME this week! So as you know, we have been visiting quite a few less active members for a while now. Well they FINALLY came to church! One of them brought a friend! We have been teaching her friend for about 2 weeks and she came to church! It was really unexpected but, super awesome. The Elders have about 8 or so people getting baptized this Saturday and one of the youngest girls stood up to bare her testimony during Sacrament Meeting. It was so sweet! Another investigator stood up to bare his testimony and said that he isn't investigating. He already knows that the church is true and that his next goal is to "get in the water". Our investigator who is autistic spoke up announcing to everyone that her baptism is February 7th. She is so sweet! She is actually Brother Houston's daughter (the man who we just recently baptized). Elmira is so prepared. The field is white and ready to harvest. I hope I spend at least one more transfer here to see it grow.
The church is true! I love you!
Love, Sister Keller
No comments:
Post a Comment