Hello friends and Family!
For this next transfer I will be staying in Horseheads and Sister Howard will still be my companion. We were super happy about that! I am pretty happy that I get to serve a 3rd transfer with a companion that I have become such great friends with again. I am still hoping that next transfer will bring a change though. I hope at some point in time of my mission, the Lord puts me with a sister who will push me again.
I have been going back and forth with my thoughts on how my mission has changed me and how I have grown. A lot of self evaluating. So when I first came out, I was obviously needing to be trained. Every missionary has to be. Sister Bowen pushed me to limits that she knew I could handle, and I learned so much from her. Right after being trained, I became a trainer. I didn't have an opportunity to learn from someone else, or learn ways of doing missionary work from another perspective other than my trainer's. All I knew about being a missionary came from my own knowledge. After training Sister Dahl, (who is now a trainer this transfer) I became a trainer again! and opened this area! The Lord must really like me as a missionary. We have been having lots of Zone Trainings and Conferences on boosting our self esteem, and reading from our Patriarchal Blessings to learn that we are worth so much in the sight of God, and that we have been blessed with so much more than we realize. I learned something very important at these meetings, and I know it came from the Spirit. I learned that I was very prepared for my mission before coming out. I had such a strong testimony of the gospel before coming out, and going through the MTC was just adding to what I already knew. Sure, I was terrified of what was to come, but the Lord knew what I was capable of doing. He knew that if I were to be put into a companionship with another missionary before training, I would try too hard to become what they already made themselves. So instead of learning from another Sister, I have been able to rely fully on the Lord and learn what kind of missionary HE wants me to be. I am so thankful for all that I have learned and I know that I will be able to carry it with me forever. I am better than everyone else at being me, than they are at being me. So I want to be the best me there ever was!
So guess what! I love working in 30 degree weather! It is so much warmer than -20! It is crazy how much of a difference it is! It is like sweater weather!... Not really... it is still cold. It got up to 40 yesterday. I was finally able to go walk. I love heat waves!
Oh! Friday night was so scary!! We had just come home around 9:30 (that being the curfew for us to be home) and we heard a really loud alarm. I was looking at all of our fire alarms, and couldn't tell which one it was. I thought maybe it was a neighbors alarm, but it was too loud. Then Sister Howard found our Carbon Monoxide alarm and realized it was the one beeping! I was about ready to drop everything and run until I read the back of the alarm and realized it was just dead. So we called president and he gave us permission to hurry down to Wal-mart and buy a new one. I was glad that I didn't have to worry about being dead the next morning. I'm still alive! and the church is true!
Love,
Sister Keller
No comments:
Post a Comment