Dear Family,
Oh. My. Goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe that transfer calls are this Saturday! Transfer 12 went by so fast. I wonder how 13 will be... Everyone thinks that I am staying because it will be my last one. I think that is very nice of them to say. It makes me feel like they really love me. I am not so sure if I will finish here though. I would love to serve in one more area. I have been really praying to know how I can make my last transfer great and one that I won't get trunky. No one thinks that I am trunky, or could get that way, but that is because I am trying so hard not to be! Definition of trunky: a full time missionary who comes to the end of their missionary service and talks about going home, thinks about going home, packs their bags 5 weeks early, loses focus on the work, stops caring, doesn't care about the rules... etc. I don't do those things, but I know that it gets harder not to when the big 13 comes around. So I am kind of hoping I will finally get to be a Sister Training Leader or something in a new area. We'll see :)
I was able to give away a Book of Mormon this week! It has been a little while, so I was excited to do that. We had a fireside at the church on Friday. A couple of women came because they heard about it in the paper. It was so cool, because they got to hear two returned sister missionaries talk about their missions. One went to Japan, and the other went to Armenia. After hearing their stories, I am so thankful that I came to a state side, English speaking mission!!! When the meeting was over I ran up to them and gave them a Book of Mormon. They seemed excited to read it.
Our mission conference was really cool! We drove all the way to Syracuse in the AP's van which crams 12 missionaries inside. President Rogers is changing a ton of things! Mostly teaching methods, and rules and such. I am loving all of it!!! Other missionaries, not so much... Some are really upset that he isn't doing what President Wirthlin did. It doesn't bother me. I know that he has been called, and set a part to do what he is doing now. He gave every missionary a piece of paper that we were to write down some goals for what we hope to accomplish for the rest of our missions and when we go home and stuff. Then we sealed it up in an envelope and he plans on having us open them up and go over them when we have our "Going Home" interview with him, to see how we have accomplished those goals. I really liked that.
I have a pretty busy week this week, I hope it goes well! The church is true!
Love, Sister Keller
No comments:
Post a Comment