Dear Family,
This feels like it has been the most eventful week yet! It was so good! I will have to go day by day of everything that happened, so that I don't leave any goodness out.
Monday: P-day. Always a pleasure to have. But we had a great dinner appointment with our Ward Mission Leader's family. At the end of a dinner appointment we usually ask them if they know anyone that would like to learn about the gospel. This time, we asked them if any of their neighbors would be interested in meeting us. They told us 5 different families to try, and then walked around with us to meet them at that moment! It was great! We met 3 out of the 5 families, and they all seem so kind! One family we tried to visit opened the door and was glad to see the member, but when they saw Sister Hess and I they backed off a little bit. I had an impression to ask them if they liked to do family history work. As it turns out, that was one of their biggest hobbies! So they invited us in and we talked about lot's of different things regarding Heavenly Father blessing us with families, and doing the family history work for them. We even shared a brief message of the restoration with them. They had so many questions and by the end of our meeting they were commenting at how bright the glow was around my companion and I. It was such a cool experience.
Tuesday: We attended a baby shower and had a sweet lesson with Johnson about the Word of Wisdom. We also finally got in contact with some visiting teachies that we are supposed to see every month which was cool!
Wednesday: Busy day of typical proselyting. We had a good lesson with another investigator and helped her feel the love of God for her. She also barely moved in to a new house, so we helped her unpack a little bit. Then a member took us out to eat to a Hibachi restaurant where they cook in front of you. She was scared the whole time because she thought they would catch her hair on fire a few times haha. It wasn't possible, but it was funny to see her reaction.
Thursday: We felt like it was a never ending day! A good day though! We had an appointment set up for every hour block of the day. Only one fell through, but we were able to get in contact with her later. We had our Coordination meeting with the ward mission leader to discuss the work in the ward, and the people we have been meeting with. Afterwards we went to play basket ball with a couple of investigators, and Birdy. He is pretty good at defense!
Friday: I have been looking forward to Friday all week, for multiple reasons. One was our district meeting. Our district leader had asked Sister Hess and I to give the entire training (which is very unusual). We had our discussion on Faith, and did a faith walk. We tied string around tons of trees and blind folded the other elders and sisters and talked about Lehi's vision of the tree of life and the iron rod. It was really fun! We also ran over to the hospital to visit a member. I love surprising people at hospitals because they always feel so happy to see missionaries come and bless them with company.
Saturday: Not too much to report on, but we had fun at another baby shower, and met with several less active members from the ward.
Sunday: This was a happy and stressful day. I love going to church and feeling the spirit there. We had investigators finally come after several weeks of not showing up, and got to meet with Johnson again. He is so cool! It is like a breath of fresh air when we teach him, because he is a beautiful shade of gold! He is always willing to keep commitments, reads the scriptures, and prays about the things we tell him.
Okay! I will tell you about TRANSFERS!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So this whole transfer, I have been praying, and working super hard to do the best I can at overcoming my weaknesses, and building new strengths. Because if I am going to be a Sister Training Leader, then I have to be able to LEAD by example! I kept the phone by my side all day long on Friday because I know that president calls missionaries to leadership positions the day before the actual transfer calls from our Zone Leaders. He called me at 8:00pm Friday night and said that he is aware that this is my final transfer in the mission, and that he would like to call me to a special assignment to be a Sister Training Leader. YAY!!!! The one thing I have always wanted to do in the mission field, and I finally get to for my very last transfer!!! That's not all though. My new companion will be Sister Yancey! I love that sister to pieces, and have served with her already once before, so I know that we are friends. AND, I will be moving out of state!!!! My new area will be Manchester, Vermont! There is one little area outside of New York that is part of our mission boundaries and that is where I'll be for the next 6 weeks! Sister Hess is taking over Vestal. She's a little bit scared, but I have seen her in action. She'll do so great!
The church is true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you all!
Love, Sister Keller
No comments:
Post a Comment