This will be kind of fast, because I don't have very much time. So, this past week Sister Howard and I were dropped by a couple investigators that we inherited from the previous missionaries. We never met them, but they told us they didn't want to meet anymore. So that was a little sad. But we still have solid investigators getting ready to be baptized soon! Their date will probably be the first week of December now though because they got sick and didn't come to church on Sunday. Pretty lame because we gave some awesome talks during Sacrament meeting! We were called late Friday night and they needed someone to talk on Sunday, so we were happy to fill in. We were told by so many people that we helped them feel the spirit.
On Tuesday, Sister Howard and I had a pretty scary day. We were out and about looking for a man that was taught a long time ago. His record said that he was dropped because he had a scary experience of seeing evil spirits and started drinking again, then lost contact. So we decided to go looking for him and try to rekindle the testimony that he once had. We found his house and this old man comes up to us with a broom in his hands. He was holding it in a way that looked like he was going to hit a baseball with it. (I think we were the baseballs). He asked us what we were doing there and we introduced ourselves. He asked us if the man we were looking for owed us any money and we said no. Then he told us to "get in our car and hit the road". I hope he was just having a bad day, because he was a bit on the "cranky old man" side. President Wirthlin always tells us that if we wake up and are having a bad day, to get back in bed and get out on the other side and say that it is going to be a great day! It works :)
We got to attend a baptism on Saturday for a young woman that the Elders had taught. That was super awesome! I love their face as they come up out of the water. You see them take their first breath as a whole new person! A follower of Jesus Christ! She seemed so happy.
I saw you all had a little bit of snow! I giggled a little bit because it was about 50 here on that day :) It snowed here this morning and it was really pretty! VERY cold though. Humidity chills you right to the bone! It hurts! But I am very excited for Christmas time. Every one says that it is the best time of their missions because there is so much we can do for others. It is a great time to talk about Jesus Christ too. I am looking forward to having a snow shovel ready in our trunk so that we can stop and help people through out the day!
Mom, I really don't have anything bad to say about this area. I am having such an awesome time every single day! I also got all of the packages you mentioned. Yours was so fun, and your friends was yummy!
"My own testimony grew as I learned about Heavenly Father and the Savior from the teachings and testimony of my parents, teachers, the scriptures—which I read diligently—and especially the Holy Ghost. As I exercised faith and obeyed the commandments, the Holy Ghost testified that what I was learning was true. This is how I came to know for myself."
-Robert D. Hales
This is so true for me as well! I have especially gained my testimony from the influences of you, Mom and Dad. Every time I am asked to remember the moment I knew the church was true I always think back to a moment when I was with the both of you. You have both really set such a huge example for me, and I am very grateful for all that you taught me!!
I love you all!
Love, Sister Keller
The Church Is True
No comments:
Post a Comment