Monday, November 10, 2014

SPECTACULAR WEEK

Heeeyyyy Family! 

I had another spectacular week! We are having so much fun here! The work is so incredible. We haven't missed a day of contacting people everywhere we go. I love going up and down streets and finding people to teach. I have really begun to understand how to teach when you find, and find when you teach. People are so friendly here as well. I feel like I am really helping my companion know what it is like to be out on the streets all day every day. We have quite a few people getting ready to be baptized. Two of them are related. A daughter and father named Melissa and John. They are preparing to get baptized on November 29th. We are so excited for them! Our youngest investigator is doing this all on her own. She of course has permission from her family, but she is only 13 and has been coming to church with a friend. Our first Sunday here, she and a young woman came up to us saying she wanted to start taking the lessons AND get baptized! We had our first lesson with her yesterday and she already has a date for November 29th as well. She is so sweet! We really have to start from scratch with her. She isn't quite sure who Jesus Christ is, or what his purpose was. But she does believe there is a God, because she has prayed to Him before, and received an answer! She has incredible faith! Members can do amazing things to help with missionary work. They helped her feel ready like this, along with the Lord softening her heart. 

My companion is awesome! We have lots of fun together. We also work hard! We have fun working hard! I am grateful the Lord sent me to the companions that I've had. I have loved each of them in a different way, and learn something from them. I can really see how it is preparing me for an eternal companion. I am just glad that I get to have a say in who that companion will be :) 

Sister Howard had her first door slammed in her face the other day. I was pretty bummed out because the road we were tracting was called Keller St. Luckily it was a nice slam. The man politely said no thanks before we could say anything and then he slammed the door. I chuckled a little bit at how awkward we felt. 
I'm serving with a lot of Elders in my area. We all go to the Elmira ward. They are Elders Bybee, Sedgwick, Kunzler, and Oloapu. My town is called Horse Heads.  

We have a really fun district. Sister Yancey was in my last area and so we are in the same district again which is fun. Then there is Sister Hunting who began in Lake Placid just like I did, and we have so much to talk about! She loves hearing about how so many people are doing. 

I Love you all! Mom, I miss your guts too! I hope you all know that I am doing fine. I am having a super duper time on my mission. I love every phase of the work! 

“I have often said one of the greatest
secrets of missionary work is work! 
If a missionary works, he will get the 
Spirit; if he gets the Spirit, he will 
teach by the Spirit; and if he teaches 
by the Spirit, he will touch the hearts 
of the people and he will be happy. 
There will be no homesickness, no 
worrying about families, for all time 
and talents and interests are 
centered on the work of the ministry. 
Work, work, work—there is no 
satisfactory substitute, especially in 
missionary work.” 
– PRESIDENT EZRA TAFT BENSON 

The Church is True! 
Love Sister Keller 

No comments:

Post a Comment