Monday, November 3, 2014

LOST AND FOUND!

Dear Family, 

WOW! I am so excited to tell you everything that happened this past week! It has been a very very long week. SO, Saying goodbye to everyone on Monday and Tuesday was extremely hard. It was sad to leave that awesome area, but I know they will be taken care of. Bright and early, Wednesday morning, Sister Dahl and I took our 3 hour long drive to Utica. We get there and  I met my new companion, Sister Howard. She is 19, from Brigham City, Utah, and is super awesome! Then, we take 30 mins JUST to find our car, and pack all of our bags. It was squishy but we crammed it all in. Then we find 2 of the elders who serve here in Elmira and they give us an address to put in to my GPS. We then take another 3 hour drive to Elmira. We got there pretty late. We got lost, found the apartment complex and couldn't find the right door. So we were awkwardly driving all over the place to find the door. We finally found it, and I see that I drove over a huge land of grass to get there... oops :) It was easier to find in the day time... We walk inside, hungry and tired and come to find a bottle of ranch in the fridge and an open can of diet coke. Scrumptious!! Luckily the 4 elders who serve here with us called and said they have pizza waiting for us at the church. We got to take all of the food home so we had something to eat the next day. We had a small preparation day on Thursday so that we could buy some food, and what ever else we needed to last us till today. 

To start the work off, we had no area book for the first day and a half, and we were receiving texts left and right for appointments needing to be scheduled! The elders had all of our things because they were seeing the sisters investigators when they left. So when we arrived, they still needed to give it back. We had no idea who these people were or where they were in their progress, so we prayed and decided to have a scripture study with everyone. All of our lessons were very spirit led. It was awesome! I gotta say.. I have never felt the spirit so strongly in my entire life. We are both so new to the area, my companion has no idea what she is doing in the first place and is looking up to me to have a full day planned. We have needed the Lords help. We have been walking blind but guided by faith. The Lords' light shines brighter than noon day sun! 

We finally got our area book back and have an easier time planning. We have 3 investigators with a baptismal date! They are pretty sweet. I love seeing them. We also meet with a lot of less active members and strengthen their testimonies. Sister Howard and I had an amazing experience the other day. We were out knocking on doors and met some pretty awesome potential investigators. We are excited to go back and try them again. Along the same block, we walked past a house that had their car door open outside. We figured they might have forgotten about it, and that would be a great excuse to go talk to them! So we did. We knock on the door and a woman comes out wondering what's up with two random girls in the rain and cold knocking on her door. We first tell her that the door is open and she was very grateful we told her. We stood there for a few moments quiet as she was cleaning the seat of her car and I finally said that we were also here to share a very glad message about the Gospel of Jesus Christ being restored to the earth through a modern day prophet. That sparked her interest and she began asking a TON of questions. We had a great conversation outside in the rain, and she invited us in to have a real lesson. We taught her the restoration, and invited her to be baptized. She said she definitely wants to be baptized again and this time by someone who knows what they're doing! I am so excited for this area! There is so much potential!! 

I LOVED church on Sunday! The members are so awesome!!! They love the missionaries, and feed them every night! They are very cool. I love going to their house and just feeling right at home. It is  very nice to feel safe and taken care of by these people. They are all very understanding of us little lost sisters :) We also had some young women come up to us right after church and had a friend with them. They said that she would like to start taking the lessons and get baptized!!! We were like, OK! sweet!!! We are so excited for her!!! 
So, I love this area. My companion is so sweet, and we laugh a lot! Things have been going great!!! Must be because the church is true or something. 

Love, 
Sister Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment