My heart is leaping with joy and breaking all at the same time! I have absolutely LOVED serving in Lake Placid, and getting to know all of these wonderful people. I will truly miss their sweet spirit, and fun personalities. I accomplished so much in this area, and grew to know how much God loves all of His children. Each person here touched me in some way, and I will always remember them! I know that my next journey will be just as rewarding as this one was!
I suppose you want to know where I am going! We got our transfer calls on Saturday. So there I was, minding my own business, eating some cereal at 8 in the morning. When all of the sudden, our phone rings. Huh? That's a bit early... The Zone Leaders don't usually call until later in the afternoon.. Then my companion notices the caller ID "Mission Home: President Wirthlin" OH BOY!!!!! Every missionary knows that if President is calling the day of transfers, something big is going to be happening!! (Well, everyone except my companion knows this)
So I'm freaking out, while she answers the phone looking at me in a weird way, and President Wirthlin says "Sisters, I'm about to change your lives!" So then we both start freaking out. President says "Sister Keller, you first. You will be OPENING ELMIRA, NY! Not only THAT, you are going to be training AGAIN! Sister Dahl, you will be transferred to Liverpool!" So Lake Placid is getting two different sisters!
A fresh start!! I am so excited!!!!!!! I am white washing/opening a new area, and training a new missionary!!!! This will be awesome learning a new area at the same time as my trainee. We will both learn the area together. Yes, I'm a bit scared, but as my companion keeps telling me "Faith over Fear, Sister!" I know that the Lord will be with me. I am very grateful for another opportunity to train. It is such an important, and sacred leadership responsibility because we are training missionaries who will be serving and taking over the mission after we are gone. The Lord must have liked the way I did it the first time, and trusts me to do it again.
So we have been deep cleaning our apartment like crazy, trying to pack all of the stuff we have and cleaning some more all in such a little amount of time!
I have to get going, because I still have so much yet to do!
I love you all! The church is true!
Love, Sister Keller
No comments:
Post a Comment