Guess what! It snowed yesterday!!!!!! I just about cried... not really, but I was not ready for it! I don't like the cold. I can't ride my bike any more now! I have been told by just about everyone to stay off the roads for the first few snow days because everyone forgets how to drive on snow and ice. I guess it gets pretty dangerous. I'll be careful!
So on Tuesday we had our Branch Family Home Evening, which was so fun!! We ended up doing a great job with the skits! I tried to post them on Facebook, but they are too big... well one of them is. The other one takes too long to load and I haven't had the time to load it. So I will send home the SD card so that you can watch the videos sometime. You will get to see me and hear me :) I will want the SD card back so that I can show investigators. Acting out Book of Mormon stories is a great way to help people understand the story easier before and after they read them.
Our 3 day exchange went a lot better than I thought it would! I had a poor attitude about it a couple days before it began, thinking it was just going to be another opportunity for someone to point out all of my flaws in the everyday work. As it turns out, that was Satan making me feel that way, and I do a lot better than I think I do, or give myself credit for. I have been working on patience these past 12 weeks as my Christ-like attribute. I know that I really struggled with patience at home as well. So I knew that if I could learn how to be patient while on my mission, it would be such a blessing for me in the long run. Sister Glenn, one of my sister training leaders, pointed out to me that I have so much patience, and that SHE learned a lot from ME from the exchange! I know that the Lord places us into companionships not to help us make life-long friends, but to help us grow and learn how to make ourselves the person we want to become. Becoming friends is just a bonus if you have a good companionship.
I have been sick these past couple days. We didn't do very much on Saturday and Sunday and we almost had to cancel appointments. But our Branch President told us to do splits with some sisters in the branch. So Sister Pascarelli (branch missionary) stayed at the apartment with me while I rested, and Sister Mitchell (member) took my comp. to all of our appointments and more! It was awesome. I'm slowly starting to feel better now. Just a really annoying cough and stuffy nose. My comp says I snore :)
Today we have a district activity and we are going to be carving pumpkins! I went out and bought one today and I am pretty excited! I don't know what face to make, but hopefully it will look good. Tomorrow we will be having a district lunch just before our meeting in Plattsburgh. I love those! I am pretty excited for Halloween. We don't get to be out late though, and I don't think we can hand out candy. The Robinson's sent me a package that had chocolate mummies inside. We loved them! Thanks!
"Devoted disciples of Jesus Christ always have been and always will be valiant missionaries. A missionary is a follower of Christ who testifies of Him as the Redeemer and proclaims the truths of His gospel." -David A. Bednar
I love you all! The church is true!
Love, Sister Keller
No comments:
Post a Comment