Hello dear family and friends!
I have had a pretty fun preparation day! We got to go to Goody Goodies (a foreign game store) and play games with the Elders, Trent, and Jaremy and then go out to lunch. We also got to plan a really fun Family Home Evening activity we are putting on for our branch tomorrow evening. We are going to be doing skits, acting out Book of Mormon stories, and have the members guess which story we are doing. It is going to be lots of fun and we have props and everything :) I'm excited!
This week we will be in a trio again for a 3 day exchange. This time with Sister Glenn. She will get to be in the skit as well. We have 3 stories in mind that we will be doing. Maybe I can get a member to film it and show you all some how. I don't know though.
I heard about Elder Jackson.. I saw his Facebook post saying he is going home for medical reasons.. I pretty much threw a fit in the library when I found out! Not really, but I was sad! I haven't gotten to see him while I have been out here so I hope he comes back. If not, I know he was a great missionary. I heard lots of really great things about him. An elder that I came out with, Elder Wendt, was his companion for a little while and he is serving in my zone now and he got to tell me a little about that. So, Elder Jackson, now that you aren't in New York, write to me! tell me about your mission!
Well family, it is getting pretty chilly here! I had to get my tights, coat and gloves out.. not my big coat, just my light coat. Just shows that Christmas is right around the corner!!
I love you guys! The church is true!
"Teaching in the home is becoming increasingly important in today’s world, where the influence of the adversary is so widespread and he is attacking, attempting to erode and destroy the very foundation of our society, even the family. Parents must resolve that teaching in the home is a most sacred and important responsibility. … The leaders of the Church spend a great deal of time thinking about how to improve teaching in the Church. Why do we invest this time and effort? It is because we believe in the immense power of teaching to increase the faith of individuals and strengthen families. It is my belief that one of the most effective things we can do to improve teaching in the Church is to improve teaching in our homes. Our teaching in the home prepares us to teach more effectively at church, and our teaching at church helps us to teach more effectively at home." -L. Tom Perry
Love, Sister Keller
No comments:
Post a Comment