Monday, March 2, 2015

FAREWELL HORSEHEADS

Hello Family!

I got my transfer call to Binghamton New York! I will be serving with Sister Bladh. For once, I will not be training!!! I will get to see what serving as a normal missionary will be like. I will only be little over an hour away from where I am now, so I am staying in the Owego Zone. I am super happy about that. Sister Frisby is going back to Ithaca and Sister Howard is staying and taking over Horseheads. I won't get to be the driver anymore :( That's ok though. I don't know the area anyway. But I hear it is a pretty big and it will be a ward. They are in the same stake as Elmira, so I will get to see some of the families that I knew here. 

I am a little bit nervous to leave and be with a new companion. I'm sure things will be fine, because I have been praying that it will. I have also had more medical problems than spiritual problems on my mission. It seems like with every new area, something wrong has to happen. It is really stressful, and I don't want to have something happen to me again. I'm thinking maybe I should get a priesthood blessing. I haven't had one in a year, and I think that it will be nice to get one. 

I stood up in Sacrament meeting to bare my testimony. I read in my scriptures that morning in Alma about boasting, and how excited Ammon was to share his experiences with testifying to the Lamanites. He was so full of joy and he gave the glory all to God. That is how I felt with this area, and I wanted to share that with the ward. I was so happy that I did what I came here to do. I strengthened so many of the members and brought a family into the church.  So I can understand how Ammon felt. If seeing such great things happen and bringing souls unto Christ and being excited knowing it is all the work of the Lord, is boasting, then I will boast!  That was a pretty sad day for the Elmira ward though. They are having 5 of their missionaries leave!! 3 of the elders are finished and also bore their testimonies, and then there is Sister Frisby and I leaving. They were coming up to us and giving us hugs and telling us how much they will miss us. I feel so loved here! I will miss this area like crazy! On Tuesday night, one of the families will be throwing a Going Away party for all of us. 

We had another pretty cool miracle! There is a story in the bible about Jesus feeding 1000's of people with only a couple fish and bread. We had a similar story happen to us, but with less people :) We were going to a dinner apt. and they didn't know that there were 3 of us. They seemed so worried about not having enough food, and were about to not eat what they prepared. But the food was blessed, and as it turned out, there was plenty to go around and there were lots left over! The Lord does bring miracles! I love the little things that bring us so much joy. The church is true!

Love, Sister Keller 


No comments:

Post a Comment