Dear Family,
This week wasn't as intense as last week, but it was still pretty good. I learned how to say Jesus Christ, and The Book of Mormon in Chinese! I can't show you how, but I can spell out how it sounds. Jesus Christ sounds like: Yay Su Shir Jew Shir tzew. And the Book of Mormon is: Mormon Shu. Birdie, our Chinese investigator taught us that.
We do service at a non denominational church every Thursday, and we got in to a pretty crazy and confusing subject on physics and the Pastor brought up a 3rd heaven. As crazy as conversations can get, there will always be something brought up that we can refer back to the gospel. We jumped in saying that we too believe in 3 heavens and he was very excited to talk more. This man had also received an Articles of Faith card and has ever since been incredibly interested in learning more about what we believe in. So we hope to stay a little longer this week and share more with him.
We had another amazing lesson with Shayla this week. Our new investigator. At first, we were a little worried because there were a couple members who wanted to attend this lesson. We were worried that having so many people there would overwhelm her, so we prayed about it just before leaving. We both got an answer that the lesson would be fine with the members and that it would be a great way for her to gain friendships with people from the ward. The lesson did in fact go really well! Better than we expected! We were teaching about the Book of Mormon, and she felt so excited to start reading it!! It really helps to teach someone this lesson after coming to love the book so much. I just love the stories and the lessons I learn as I read the Book of Mormon. I know it is truly another testament of Jesus Christ!
The Woman's Broadcast was great!! Our Relief Society president had Olive Garden soup and salad at the church and a cake to celebrate the Relief Society's birthday, and then we all gathered to watch the conference. We had 2 of our investigators there and they both loved it! I am so excited for General Conference!! We will be meeting at the church again for that as well.
Today we are joining in with some other missionaries to watch the Saratov Approach. President gives permission to us to watch certain movies on p-day. Like the one week when we watched The Best Two Years. Movies are so fun! After that we are going to play volley ball again.
I love you guys! the church is true!
Love, Sister Keller
No comments:
Post a Comment