Monday, April 6, 2015

HAPPY EASTER

Dear Family,

This was an amazing Easter!! It was so great how it all worked out that we got to watch General Conference on the same day that we remember our beloved Savior's atoning sacrifice and resurrection. I loved conference so much! I prayed and pondered for a question that I could go in with, but I couldn't seem to think of one. So I changed my prayer, and just asked that the apostles and other general authorities would be inspired to know what to say to touch the hearts of all who would hear them. I knew that there were millions who were watching and listening both days. Well they certainly touched mine!! The theme of love and families is so dear to my heart and I felt the spirit so strongly as they spoke the words that God had them speak. The theme of following and remembering Jesus Christ was so powerful! 

On Saturday a member fed all of us in between sessions, but no one had us over for Sunday. It all worked out though. We struggled planning the night before knowing what to do that evening. We didn't want to call a family and just invite ourselves over. So we just prayed for a miracle. I received an answer to our companionship prayer that night of what we should do. We ended up being pretty busy with visiting a recent convert in the hospital and having a lesson online with one of our investigators. The member just had twins and was spending Easter in the hospital. So we shared an Easter message with her. Our online lesson was exciting! Our investigator is so involved with learning and trying to understand the Book of Mormon. She brought up some very good questions, and is more and more excited to read it everyday. There was no time for an Easter dinner! I hope your day was as fun as mine! I did get to have an Easter egg hunt though!! We did that today for a district activity.

I love how inspired we are each day as we visit with people! Another investigator of ours accepted the invitation to be baptized, because she loved what we testified of about eternal families. The words that came out of our mouths were completely by the spirit, and I honestly couldn't remember everything that I said! That is because they weren't my words. We also visited a member to read some of the Book of Mormon with and they asked us if we had been praying and fasting that day. We said no, but they asked because the scripture we had decided to read with them was apparently exactly what they had been needing to hear!! The spirit is so strong.

Just before the Saturday morning session, we went out tracting to try and hand out as much of our Easter pass along cards as we could and share Helives.mormon.org. I kept track of every door we came to and at every single door when it was my turn to talk, they seemed to be mad and or totally reject us... Then when it was Sister Bladh's turn to talk, they were happy and willing to watch the video! I was just thinking Come on! My next one better be good. But with out fail, every time, it was the same loud door shut in our faces. I just wanted to skip the rest of the houses and go back to the car and do something else. That would be the easy thing to do... But then I realized that all of those people who Sister Bladh would have been able to talk to wouldn't get to be invited to watch the video if we left the street. So we stayed, and what do you know? The next person I talked with was nice. God gives us challenges for a reason. I learned from conference that our commitment to the gospel is supposed to be difficult and judged, and awkward at times, but that is where FAITH comes in! We must endure to the end if we are to make it to eternal happiness.  

The church is true! love you!
~ Love, Sister Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment