Dear Family,
It is so crazy to see how different this trio has been since the last one I had. Training our third companion puts a difference in it, and I think having a language barrier makes a pretty big difference too!!! So I'm sure you have some questions about my new temple square companion. First of all, she has only been in America for about 5 months now. She is learning English of course, and was in temple square for her first 2 transfers to be with her trainers and then was assigned to come to New York. Temple Square sisters have a pretty cool mission. Their main mission is to serve right there in Salt Lake City at temple square for their whole mission, but they also have an opportunity to serve anywhere in the US for 2 transfers. She was called to the NYUM. Her name is Sister Bae. (pronounced bay) She is 23 and is from South Korea! She is such a fun person to talk to!! So since we get her for the next 6 weeks, I'm going to see how much Korean I can learn. We do an hour of language study with her every day. She is doing pretty good for only speaking English for a few months! I have definitely seen how the Gift of Tongues works!!! I know how much she struggles with speaking clearly, but I have seen her testify to people. The spirit is so strong when she speaks and people can understand her! One thing she said that stuck with me was that we often can forget about our Savior. We sometimes forget to remember Him during difficult times. But Jesus Christ has every single one of us engraved on the palm of His hand. He could never forget to remember us.
Transfers were pretty fun! I got to take a picture with all but 2 of my companions that I have served with. I also love to hear the testimonies of the departing missionaries. They all share what they have learned on their missions, cry, and tell how great serving the Lord is. I know that all of what they said is totally true!
So we currently have 3 people lined up for baptism this May! Birdie and his wife Amelie are scheduled for the 16th, and Danielle is the 23rd. We are so excited for these awesome people!!!! They all have a pretty strong testimony of the gospel. Birdie and Amelie especially. They have been willing to change so much, and do anything to live more in harmony with what Heavenly Father has asked of us. The word of wisdom is usually a hard one for people to change and I need to be thoroughly familiar with my scriptures so that I can show them using the word of God that this is truly revelation from Him. But those two were willing to quit drinking coffee because they knew that it was right! Teaching is so much fun. I have loved teaching and testifying my whole mission! I know that I have a very strong testimony of this gospel because I share it with everyone.
I had to eat some scary food this week! It wasn't nasty to everyone else, because they like that sort of stuff under the sea, but normally I can't swallow things like that! The smell was almost as scary as the taste! I don't know how I got it down.. I guess there is more than one way to use the gift of tongues! The church is true!
Love, Sister Keller
No comments:
Post a Comment