Monday, April 13, 2015

TRANSFER TIME

Dear family,

I've got big news for transfers!! I am staying in Vestal!! And so is Sister Bladh!! But guess what else?!?! We are both training together!!! The new arrivals group only had one sister come out here, and she is from the Salt Lake Temple Square mission! So we will be in a trio, training a Temple Square sister. That means we will get to go to the mission home and pick her up bright and early tomorrow morning. We have to squeeze and shift things around in our apartment again. I just love trios. They are so much fun! 

So my first trainee, Sister Dahl, I heard is becoming a Sister Training Leader!! That is way cool, and then Sister Howard gets to white wash another area.  She's pretty good at that. I think it is pretty funny that she has to do that twice in a row haha. This transfer had a ton of changes. Almost everyone changed, or got a leadership calling.

As far as teaching goes, we had a crazy busy week!! Also, a very successful week. We got a surprise phone call from a set of sisters that are "traveling sisters" saying that they were coming and going to be in a trio with us for a couple days. That was on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Their calling is to go around the whole mission and just serve with random sets of sisters and train them on stuff. We had a really fun time. I don't know if that calling will be a permanent one that president keeps, but that was just theirs for this past transfer. We didn't even know there was such a thing until they called us. We were with Sister Barley for those three days.

We had 10 lessons this week! That is a lot for this area. Most of them were over the phone, and through Facebook. But a couple were  in person too. One of our investigators lives out of our area for the whole week and works, then comes home for the weekend. But she is the most dedicated person I have ever seen to read the Book of Mormon. She was a member referral, and just absolutely loves the spirit that the Book of Mormon brings. She texts us early in the morning saying "already up and reading!" She also reads with highlighters to take notes and stuff. We call her and read with her to answer questions. Seeing her come to love reading this much, has strengthened my testimony that the Book of Mormon can help anyone. Even if they aren't members. With our Chinese friends, they told us that they want to be baptized! They don't have a date yet, but they want to make it close or on the date of when they were either engaged or married. I can't remember which one they said. Then they told us that they want to be sealed in the temple around the same time next year!!!! So cool!!!

Well, I better get going now. Oh! I got my new ctr ring! it's pretty awesome. Jordy, I hope you had an AWESOME birthday :) I love you so much!!!! Hannah, I hope you had fun at prom!!!!!!!!!!!! 

The church is true
Love, Sister Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment