Monday, July 20, 2015

GOSPEL MEMORIES

Dear Family,

We received another new investigator this week! He is a friend of Birdy's so we get to teach another Chinese man. He is pretty cool. His knowledge of English is a little less than what Birdy and Amelie knew so teaching him is a little bit harder. But, I am ordering a Chinese name tag, because of him so that is fun. 

I got to give a short talk in Sacrament meeting on Sunday. 2 other elders and I were asked to speak on a favorite gospel related family memory. I had about a week to think of something, and all that went through my mind was the Temple. The temple is like, my most favorite place in the world, and I realized that I have some of the most sweetest memories from them. Some of them were how I was able to be baptized for Granny a year after she passed away. Another was when I got to receive my endowments and sit in the Celestial room with Grandma, Mom, and Dad there. Although those were such special memories, they weren't the ones I shared. The memory I shared was a memory that I didn't know I had until a couple years ago. But it is one that is very dear to my heart! I remember the day I was sealed to my family. I had this memory of being inside the temple as a very young girl, and having Hannah there as well. I remember seeing Mom and Dad inside a very beautiful room. I wasn't sure why I had this memory, so I asked Mom why I did, and she told me that it was because we were being sealed as a family for time and all eternity that day. Now, I didn't know the reasons why it happened when I was a young girl instead of before I was born, but that doesn't matter to me. All that matters to me is that it happened. and I get to have that extremely wonderful memory. I know that the Lord works in His own timing, and all things happen for a reason. The reasons why my family was sealed later in my life, I know not, but I'm glad it happened that way. People, mostly converts, came up to me and shared their stories of how they remember being sealed to their families as well. They were so grateful that I shared my experience and reminded them of their special day, and that wonderful memory too. 

Speaking of family, I found a brother whom I am related to! Sort of.. His name is Brother Pettingell, and he is in the ward here. I went on to Family Search and he gave me a book to see our history line, and we have the same Grandpa 10 generations back! We aren't a direct line, but we have the same roots. I thought that was so cool!! I remembered that Pappy's mother was a Pettingill, and so that jogged my memory. The spelling is different, but the grandpa that we are related to had the same spelling. It changed after a couple generations from "E" to "I" in my family line, and stayed "E" in his line. Families are awesome! The church is true! 

Love, Sister Keller

     

No comments:

Post a Comment