Monday, July 27, 2015

WE ARE ALL BROTHERS AND SISTERS

Dearest Family,

This week went by pretty fast! Everyday was jam packed with stuff to do, and then we had a big Stake Event on Saturday in Elmira. It was like a giant picnic for the whole stake. It was so cool to get to drive through my old area! It is a lot greener now, and the people still look the same. I loved seeing them all again. All of them still remember me which I thought was so cool. I must have done a good job at really making them know that I cared about them. They have become such wonderful friends. Same with the Binghamton Ward and Lake Placid Branch. I will be excited to come back and visit these places. A sister who served here came to church on Sunday to visit everyone and they all remembered her too.

Last Monday, my companion and I went to a thrift store. Yeah, I did that. But don't worry, I haven't changed my mind about them. I still don't like them haha! It was cool though because the cashier was asking us lots of questions about the church and wanted to know where we were from. She was a non member, but has nieces on missions. We gave her our number.

We do service once a week at a local Christian church to clean their building. Sometimes the Pastor asks us to talk about some different things regarding what we believe and what he believes. We've given him a Book of Mormon, and pamphlets and such. He finds it all so interesting! Well this past week, he didn't have much to say. So he asked us to just share something with him or tell him something cool.  Alright buddy, you asked for it! So we taught him the restoration. He found it to be pretty eye opening. There is some conflicting doctrine to what he believes about priesthood, but he never said it wasn't true! He just had a very open heart and was willing to listen to our lesson. People like him are so kind. People like him, who listen to other's opinions and don't judge them right away is what the world needs. We should all be able to communicate openly, and share what we believe. Then agree to disagree if that is how it is going to be. But that doesn't mean we need to then fight and hate. We are all brothers and sisters, and have a Father in Heaven who loves all of us. Why waste time arguing? It doesn't get anyone anywhere. It just brings more hatred.

We had a great lesson with our Chinese investigator, Johnson. Birdy came too. At first, we weren't sure if he was wanting to learn for the right reasons. Like wanting to improve English or something. But we asked him lots of good questions and as it turns out, he has seen lots of great things in the church that have sparked his interest. He's pretty solid.

We have a new baptismal date with Adrienne! It is for September 5th. She took a trip out to Oregon to visit the member who referred her to us. She went to church with her out there, got a quad, and a ctr ring! This girl is awesome!!! I don't know if I'll be around for her baptism, but I am so glad that I have been able to teach her this far. Transfers are August 19th. 

There is one more family that I wanted to mention. They are members of the ward and we go to their house every Sunday for dinner. They have gone through so much and are  really put into hard situations. It is a mother and 2 boys. When I first met them, her 2 boys didn't really have much to think about the gospel. They felt annoyed rather than edified most of the time. But just recently, I have seen a change in them. One of them bore their testimony last fast and testimony meeting, and last night the other said that he wanted to share his! They are young, but have completely changed! It is amazing what the spirit can do, and what blessings can come as we focus on the gospel. I have no doubt that missionaries coming into their home once a week has made a difference as well. I love this family so much!!! 

Not as much as I love you guys though! I hope you have a great week!! The church is true!

Love, Sister Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment