Monday, July 6, 2015

HEAVENLY GUIDANCE

Oh the joys of transfer week. Luckily for me it wasn't too stressful. I get to stay! So does Sister Hess. I figured that is what would happen, since I am still training her. I am really praying now, for the Lord to help us have a desire to keep working hard and find new people. After staying in the same area for a while, it gets difficult to keep up the excitement. You start to get tired of the same people putting us off and finding the same results day after day. So we really want to have new experiences and not feel burdened down by staying here. I know that there is still so much work to be done here, and so many people to see. We just need Heavenly guidance to show us where and when. I have a feeling that we will be getting some pretty exciting training's from President Rogers soon. He has a hunch that we all need some more motivation and to rethink our missions. I am not saying that I am slacking or anything. I am more excited than ever, and I only have 12 weeks left! I want to make them the best!

President Rogers and his wife are pretty cool. We got to see them last week and they wanted to shake our hands and talk with each of us individually. They just love all of us and can see the missionary spirit that we all have. I could tell they were tired and overwhelmed. Their first day here was traveling and meeting all of the zones. He said that when they were waving goodbye to President and Sister Wirthlin, they could just feel the weight of the load press down on their shoulders indicating that now their journey had officially begun. They also said that the load on the Wirthlin's seemed to be so light that they were floating in mid air hahaha. I am excited to serve with them for the next 3 months.

4th of July was alright. It wasn't near as exciting as it was last year. The weather was rainy and we didn't see fireworks. We could hear them from our apartment though! That was pretty cool. So a couple elders from our unit wanted to invite us to go to a baseball game that day. They said that a member would take them, a less active member would be there, and it would be tons of fun. It seemed like it would be okay given the circumstances of who would attend. My companion really wanted to go and I thought it would be totally fun to be able to go to the game. But then I felt like that was not such a good idea. For one, it wasn't p-day, two, we technically aren't exactly allowed to take part in or sponsor athletic teams which to me means going to the games. Three, I have this little feeling of guilt inside me every time I think I am about to do something that will cause someone else to be disappointed in me. To me, that is worse than punishment. So I was a "party pooper" and decided we weren't going to the game. I prayed that the Lord would make up for it and cause the rest of our evening to be worth while for my companion since we chose to do what we are actually called here to do and that is to bring souls unto Christ. We did end up having a super fun evening of teaching some members and getting them excited about doing missionary work. They had a super big desire to find friends to hear from the missionaries after we were finished with them. This isn't missionary work, this is missionary fun! I'll go to games in 12 weeks. The church is true!

Love, Sister Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment