Monday, June 29, 2015

TENDER MERCIES

Dear family,

So I find out this Saturday what will happen for transfers!! I'm pretty excited! I have no clue what will happen though. Since I'm still training, I could possibly stay another 6 weeks, but I have also been here for a while already. Most of the members think that I will finish my mission here since I will only have 12 weeks left! I hope to change. One more area sounds pretty good to me.

As challenging as this week was, we couldn't help but notice all of the blessings and tender mercies we received from our Lord. We had almost all of our investigators express feelings of not wanting to commit to anything more. We have been struggling to find new people to teach on our own, and have been really relying on Heavenly Father to help us. I really felt His love for us this week though, and how much He is aware of us! 

We had a very hard day on Wednesday, and just continually tried to see the good in it so that our spirits wouldn't weaken. Then the next day we talked with so many wonderful people on the streets and on the bus ride home we took after meeting a member referral. That person wants to investigate the church now, by the way! A woman from our ward has a co worker in the mall that has been asking lots of questions about the church. So we had someone drop us off to go meet her. She is awesome! I'm excited to start teaching her. We didn't have a ride home, and the only way I knew how to get home from the mall was using the free way. We weren't in our area, so I don't know the streets. We started walking and talked with tons of people along the way after saying a prayer that we would find someone to help us. We met a really nice woman at a bus stop who helped us out. The bus driver said some very kind words to us as we were getting off. Something about meeting us in Heaven someday if we never meet again here. We just knew that we were meant to be there at that time to meet him. We gave him our card and number so hopefully he will find us again or missionaries find him. 

We had a less active member come to church that I have been working with since the moment I got to this area. He finally came for the first time in so long! Hopefully now he will start to see that he is cared about and missed. His daughter even started praying a couple days before for help. She has recognized that prayers work. I am just so happy to see him making an effort to get his life back in order.

I took a step back one day and said a prayer for personal guidance. It was pretty powerful. After I said my prayer I learned that I need to bare my testimony more. That is how I can become a more consecrated missionary right now. My testimony is the most powerful witness I have of our Savior and I know that if I share it at every opportunity I get, then I can never go wrong. Especially with the people we are teaching and who are struggling right now.  The church is true!!!

Love, Sister Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment