Monday, June 8, 2015

TESTIMONY

Dear Family,

This week was certainly a lot better than last week! It was pretty hard getting adjusted to everything. Going from a trio, down to a duo, and then training was a little stressful. But it has really gotten easier! My companion is awesome. We get along really well. She is a little shy at first, but she is one of those people that when she says something, it is usually really funny, or really powerful in teaching moments. I have been praying that we could become friends, and so far we have been having lots of fun.

On Monday last week, we went to a Family Home Evening at Brother and Sister Talley's house with a bunch of other members. The lesson was simple. We went around and took turns asking a question about doctrine or something related to church to get answers of things we didn't know. There were lots of really good and difficult questions! Sister Hess and I seemed to have answered most of the questions. That's one of the funnest things to do as missionaries. I asked a question as well, but not because I didn't know the answer. I wanted to see what they would say or how they would react. I asked them all a question that I once had to answer for a man who was Muslim and did not have a Christian background. It stumped them all! They were looking in the scriptures, looking up talks by prophets, and just couldn't seem to think of how to answer! Once they couldn't think anymore, I told them the results of what happened when I had to answer the question. I bore my testimony. I spoke nothing unless it were guided by the spirit. The man who asked me the question believed the words I testified of!! Our testimonies and the knowledge that we have of the gospel is the most powerful thing we have. You can't ever go wrong when you share your testimony. 

We had another fun night of doing FHE at the Bishop's house on Tuesday evening. All 3 sets of missionaries were there. Our lesson was centered on faith and listening to the spirit. We did an activity of moving all of the furniture around to make big road blocks, blinded an elder, and he had to find his way to the front door. He had to listen to the still small voice telling him which way to turn and try not to bump into anything, all while the rest of us were yelling and screaming to go the wrong way. You can imagine how hard it was to hear the quiet voice. But it is so similar to how it is today in the real world. Things around us are very loud, and our peers may seem like they know what they're doing. But only the Lord knows the outcome of our decisions. Why not make it easier on ourselves and listen to the one that will lead us to the happier outcome?
 
Sunday was awesome!! We had two investigators show up to church. I am so glad they did, because there were so many powerful testimonies shared. Birdy and Amelie bore their testimonies!! They truly know that the church is true. They too had little to nothing of a Christian background, and have come a long way! They know that all of their blessings have come from God.

We won't be having any baptisms this month. Some things came up with some people, and they won't be ready this soon. But they will come around! One of our other investigators had a pretty hard week as well. They were so sad about everything that they had happen to them and didn't think they were worth any of our time. We just have so much love for them all and told them that we came thousands of miles away from our homes to spend this time here with them. There is no way that any amount of time with these wonderful people is a waste! 

I did something for the very first time in my life... It was so horrible and frightening and I am so sad that my companion had to witness it...but... I hit a squirrel while driving! BUT....he was only handicapped! I looked in my rear view mirror and watched him limp off the road. So everything is still good :)
 
I love you all! The church is true!
Love, Sister Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment