Hi!
I promise, there won't be any creepy crawly pictures in this email :) It was pretty cool though, you have to admit. Who does that sort of thing? Missionaries!
We had a cool week. So Sister Hess has been out for a month now. When new missionaries come into the field, Presidents gives them a Book of Mormon to hand out and then report back to him how it went. The very first Book of Mormon you hand out is a pretty big deal! I have a picture of the couple I gave my first copy to! So the days went by and not one opportunity came for her to give her book away. We went tracting a couple times, met a young fellow who she could have given it to, but didn't have it with her at the time. We were so bummed out!! We were praying and praying for the opportunity to come and it never did. Last week was return and report for her and she really didn't want to return and not have a story to tell about giving her book away. So Tuesday night as we were planning for the next day, I just had a huge leap of faith and said that tomorrow is the day!!! We were going to give that book away and we weren't going inside until we do. We told Heavenly Father our plan, and left it in His hands after that. So the next day, the hours went by. The very last hour of the day comes around. 8:00 pm and we haven't given it out yet. We only have an hour before we HAVE to go home. So we decided to go for a walk and bring nothing but the book. We even took a picture of her with it because we knew that we were going to give it away. It came close to 9 and still with a tiny bit of hope left we stuck around outside. I remembered that we needed to check under the hood of our car for the oil for some reason, so we did that. As I was standing there about to get the oil stick a man came outside and saw two girls with a puzzled look on their faces and asked if he could help. Not that I didn't already know where the oil stick was, but I gladly asked him if he would help. That gave Sister Hess the time to build up her courage to hand him her Book of Mormon. She DID, and he ACCEPTED it! It was so cool!!! Heavenly Father took our challenge and was seeing if we really would hold on to our plan to not give up. Blessings come when we endure to the end!!!
Return and Report was awesome. We got to see President Wirthlin for the very last time. We didn't get to stay in the mission home because it was getting set up for the new president and his wife. So we stayed in one of the office couples homes, Elder and Sister Wiggins. They are such a sweet couple. He takes care of our cars, and she takes care of our mail. Among other important things. But we learned a lot and got to report on everything that we have been able to do since she's been out. It's been a really fun transfer so far.
So a couple of people we are seeing are going through some very difficult situations. It's been hard because most of their problems are out of our control and we can't do anything for them. It is up to them and their willingness to come back to Christ. We can only bring them so far and then it is up to them to accept it or not. I am just so thankful that I have had the gospel in my life. I am so thankful for the commandments and for everything that God has given to us. The church is most definitely true because everything we learn from it brings happiness in our lives as we live it. Tell me that alcohol, tea, coffee, tobacco, and other harmful substances brings you eternal joy! Tell me that the scriptures aren't true! Tell me that God doesn't hear and answer your prayers! You can't, because none of those things are true. I know that the word of wisdom is there for a reason and it is a protection to our bodies. I know that the scriptures are the inspired words of God, and they are true. I know with out a doubt that God does hear and answer our prayers. Have a little faith. The church is true!
I love you all so much! Families are forever! I truly am so thankful for each one of you!!!!
Love, Sister Keller
No comments:
Post a Comment