This is from a letter that Kenzie mailed me this past week. I thought it was so powerful and shows just how in tune to the spirit she was before she even started this amazing journey.
I will be posting her weekly email later on this afternoon so be sure to check back again to read that too.
Tina
....So, a couple nights before I got my mission call I was having a really rough time. I was feeling so scared about what was going to happen because I had no idea yet, not a clue where I would be going. Not knowing before hand what it would be like to not live at home, and feeling overwhelmed by the fact that I wouldn't have any of you there to talk to. I became so close to each one of you! So that night, I knelt down and said a prayer. I told Heavenly Father how scared I was. I hold Him how alone I felt that I thought I was going to be without you guys. Even though I knew that I would have a companion, that still didn't calm my fears. I sat there for so long it seems just telling Him how I felt. But then a really peaceful feeling came over me. For a moment I didn't feel scared at all and totally relaxed. What happened next I hold very sacred to me. It was what you would call a vision. I saw myself kneeling down in all of my missionary clothing and it looked like I was saying a prayer. The Savior then walked up and held out His hand for me to grab. I took it and he took me to the front door of someone's house. I knocked on it and He stood there beside me the whole time. That's where it ended. Because of that experience I had, I knew that Christ was going to be with me every step of the way during my mission and I would NEVER be alone.
Joshua 1:9 ...Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.
No comments:
Post a Comment