Monday, September 14, 2015

MOST AMAZING WEEK!

Dear Family,

Yep!! I had another baptism! Only this one happened in Binghamton. But I still get to count her because I taught her all of the discussions and she just so happened to get baptized after I left. But her name was Danielle. Me and sister Bladh were her first sister missionaries to teach her, and the day before I left for Bennington, we committed her to baptism for September 5th. She made it to the date and is now a member of the church!!! I am so happy for her! It was a long road for her, but she finally did it! 

This week was by far, hands down, the most amazing week of my entire mission!!! I had the most amazing exchange with Sister Tui in Palmyra, NY! The temple trip was so great!!!! I felt so beautiful in my white temple clothing and the spirit was so strong. We got to meet the temple president there and go through an endowment session. I loved sitting in the Celestial room. Do you remember the Miskins from Lake Placid? They got to go to the temple too because their mission is coming to an end as well. It was so great to see them there!! 

I hope you all got to see some of my pictures on Facebook. There were only a few, but I took some of all of the places we went to. My favorite was the temple of course because of how much I've missed it. But then my next favorite would be the Sacred Grove. Walking along the path to get there and seeing it in the distance brought chills to me. Stepping in to the grove made the spirit so overwhelmingly strong!!! I absolutely know with out a doubt that Joseph Smith saw our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ there. I literally got to walk through the restoration of the gospel. I saw the place where the Book of Mormon was buried and kept safe for thousands of years. And then I got to go to the store where it was first published! I really really really wanted to buy a replica of the first edition Book of Mormon, but it was very expensive. So I will just buy one online sometime when I get home hopefully. 


We got home late Wednesday night, and then I got sick all day Thursday, so we stayed home and I slept all day. My companion went nuts, but that's okay :) Friday, we thought was going to be one of the hardest days yet.... We looked at it and we had nothing scheduled. It was going to be a long day of finding... But we tried to get creative with it. Late Thursday planning for it, we decided we should try service tracting. We would put on some jeans and ask if any one needed help around their house our yards. We did a lot of praying to know what streets to go to and then went to bed. So Friday morning, we woke up and got ready to head out to the first street. We were a little anxious because we weren't sure how it was going to work out. But it turned out to be amazing! We came across a house that was in the back woods. A woman answered the door and was oddly happy to see us. She shook our hands and said who she was and that she had just moved there from Logan UT. She was almost crying too because she told us that she had no clue how to find the church and really wanted to go on Sunday. It was an answer to her prayer that we came to her house that day. 

The next street we tried also brought a miracle! A less active member had lived in Bennington for a long time, and when the sisters tried to go visit her one day she never answered. They tried calling her and her phone was shut off. She became a missing member. We tried another house in the back woods and found her living with her parents! That was pretty cool. She was so glad we came and she really wants us to come back and visit her again. The next street, we finally found someone who actually let us in to provide service for her. She thought she was dreaming because no body ever just walks up and wants to help clean for free. So we did some yard work and helped clean up the remains of a fallen tree. I loved Friday so much.

We also picked up 4 new investigators this week, and gave away 2 more copies of the Book of Mormon. We try to give some away every week that we've been together in this companionship. So starting from 0 investigators and then 3 weeks later we now have 10 investigators, all while being Sister Training Leaders, and traveling in and out of our area each week. I don't think I have ever worked so hard!!! I am so grateful!!!! I love going to bed exhausted from doing the Lord's work. His church is true!

Love, Sister Keller   

No comments:

Post a Comment