I had a very good week this week. I felt a lot better and happier! No more home sickness. Sister Bowen and I have been keeping ourselves very busy! We've been knocking on doors like crazy! I would say 100's this week! We found this really beautiful apartment complex that we started tracting and met so many nice people. No potential investigators yet though. It will take us probably a couple weeks to hit every door.
So we were having a hard time getting a hold of Trent this past week. He was in Mexico and couldn't respond to our texts for some reason. He finally responded when he got to California. Everything is going super well for him!! He loved going to church with his brother and sister. I'm really happy that he gets to see them. He is getting baptized in 6 days!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited!! The best part is that his brother is baptizing him. How special for him! I am sad I don't get to witness it, but he is going to call us before and after :)
Jeremy is doing super awesome! He is so excited to get baptized on August 2nd! He literally goes home from church and tells all of his friends and family how excited he is to get baptized. We know that because during our tracting time, we found one of his friends and they were saying how happy they were for him. I am so glad that he has support from his family and friends. It makes such a huge difference. We love teaching him. We will ask if he has any questions throughout and at the end of lessons, and he will just respond saying he knows it's true, and it makes perfect sense. He has got such a strong testimony. We had a really cool experience with him the other day. So while he was at work, he had a really strong craving for a cigarette. We told him prior to this to text us if he had another temptation. We didn't want him to relapse again. So at work he text us and was really worried. He didn't know what to do to make it go away. We saw this text an HOUR later! We were so worried about him! We tried to call and text back, but no response... We very quickly got down on our knees. We then drove to his work and his apartment to find him. No luck. Later that night, we got a text:"Hey sisters, I don't know if you prayed for me or something, but the temptation went away!" YES! Prayers work!! We told him that we did pray, and that he can too during another craving. We also gave him more ideas to do during his breaks, like read scriptures, listen to music. Anything to get his mind away from smoking. So every thing is good! He also said to us that he is happy to have the THREE of us helping him. Three? Wow! He knows that the Lord is right there with him as well as us!
I wasn't near the tornadoes. Just huge lightning and thunder storms. They are beautiful though!!! Sunsets/rises are very pretty here too. It reminds me of Hawaii! The mountains here are solid green just like in Hawaii. It's gorgeous!!! Also there is hardly any humidity in the north country so I got really lucky coming here for the summer time :)
Oh guess what! There are so many foods that I like now! Like broccoli and cauliflower. One thing I can not stand is a Beet smoothie.... I wanted to gag. It was at a members house. Sister Bowen had to finish mine. It tasted like dirt! A DIRT SMOOTHIE!
Well, life is pretty grand here in my little town of Lake Placid. I love you all very much! I hope you have an awesome day!
Love, Sister Keller
P.S. The church is true
No comments:
Post a Comment