Dear Family and Friends
I first would like to say thanks for all of your prayers! I know that they are working because good things are happening in Lake Placid :) They have also helped me with some struggling times these past couple days. I know that Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers. I have seen them answered every day! I have seen the blessings that have come as well. Even for you!
So this week, I really missed home. I felt sad for a couple days and had little to no desire to do anything but stay in my apartment. We didn't of course. But it was hard on my companion to keep me going and get me motivated again. I didn't like the fact that I have such a long way to go before I could see any of you again. I soon realized that Satan was working on me, and making me feel miserable. I said a ton of prayers through out the day, and told the Lord how much I am struggling each night before I went to sleep. I have felt the Lord's love for me and I see how much he cares. I am doing so much better now! I have more of a desire to get out there and work than I have before! It has been such a blessing too! Especially when it came to helping my investigators. Elder and Sister Miskin gave me a copy of the letter you sent them in response to their letter. I loved it!!! it made me so happy!
I got sick on Tuesday. I could hardly move because I felt so dizzy, and I didn't want to eat anything. So we stayed in our apartment the whole day so I could sleep it off. Sister Wirthlin's orders. At the very end of the day I got up feeling a little better and had strength to eat something. I can remember thinking that all I wanted was meat loaf for some reason... weird right? Well, I knew I couldn't just go make some, so I decided to scramble an egg. All of the sudden I heard a knock at our door. It was our neighbor/land lord/ member of the church there to bring us both a plate full of meat loaf!!! How cool was that!?! The spirit prompted him to bring me the extra food they had for dinner that night. Cool story for the week :)
Trent is going to be baptized on July 19th, and confirmed on the 20th! It's a done deal! He had his interview with my district leader, and has all of the plans made for his brother to baptize him!!! I'm so excited, I could just fall out of my seat! I wont be able to attend his service because it will be in
California. But that is okay! He is becoming a member of the church! He is accepting the gospel in his life! He is beginning what will be the greatest blessing of his entire life!! I am so happy for him :)
I have a very strong testimony of the power of prayer. I am so thankful for all of the blessings we receive each day. If there is anything that has changed in me since I have been out, it is that I KNOW that I can help others come unto Christ. By the powerful promptings of the spirit, all I need to do is open my mouth and speak. The Lord will do the rest by filling their hearts and minds with the knowledge they need to never thirst again.
I KNOW that the church is true!
I love yous all! ( NY accent :) )
Love, Sister Keller
No comments:
Post a Comment