Wednesday, June 25, 2014

GOOD NEWS!

Dear Family & Friends,

So, are you ready to hear where I am going for this transfer? Ok, here it is...I will be staying in Lake Placid! My companion will be...Sister Bowen!! We are so happy that we get to stay here with each other for a 3rd transfer.  This is her final transfer and then she goes home.  Apparently this was a huge transfer for the mission.  Around 100 changes took place with 20 new missionaries arriving this week from the MTC. 

I went on a really fun exchange this weekend.  I took over the area again, this time with Sister Davis.  A lot of really good things happened!  Remember my new investigator Jeremy? He is such a super awesome guy.  While on the exchange we taught him a lesson.  Well, it was more of an "experience" but still part of our teaching process.  We gave him a church tour on Thursday. We go around the building and talk about pictures and what takes place in each of the classrooms.  Sacrament meeting in the chapel, primary room, Relief Society, Young Women's, Priesthood.   We also show him the baptismal font.  At the very end I invited him to baptized.  I don't think I have ever heard a more sincere, "Yes, I will!" reply so quickly in my entire life! Jeremy is rock solid! His baptismal date is set for July 26th.  Please pray for him.  I know the gospel will bless his life if he commits to it.  By the way things are going right now with him I can see him being baptized 100%.  When we teach him he just looks at us and says that it all makes perfect sense.  He loves to read the Book of Mormon too!  This guy is just amazing and I love teaching him.  I LOVE THE WORK I'M DOING HERE!!

The next thing we did (still on our exchange) was drove to Keene and did some tracting.  We came to one woman's door and almost walked away after knocking and waiting.  But then I heard something around the corner of her house and there she was...sitting on a porch swing in bootie shorts and a bra and drinking a beer.  She wasn't the smallest girl either. :) We stood there and talked for a while and were able to get her to let us have a lesson.  New investigator!!  She was really nice.  We had to keep our eyes up (haha) but it was still a spirit filled lesson.

We then had a dinner appointment and went back to our apartment to pack our bags.  We then drove to Potsdam with the Elders and had a sleepover with the Norwood sisters while the Elders stayed with our zone leaders.  We did this because our Zone meeting was the next day and it just made sense to be there rather than driving there super early in the morning from Lake Placid.  It was a very very fun exchange.

So, how is everyone there doing?  I hope just as well as I am.  I'm having so much fun.  Oh!!! Something awesome happened! I don't remember if I told you about this but Elder Vrba sent me a letter that had the "Purification Challenge" in it.  It is something that his mission is starting.  It is a way to improve the work in ourselves.  Well, I gave a copy of it to President Wirthlin and he is all over it!! He wants to get the entire mission doing it!! It made me so happy because I was there when he announced it to my zone!  I have already started it and have seen the work improve so much already.  I LOVE IT!!!

I love you all!!

Love, 
Sister Keller 

No comments:

Post a Comment