Monday, June 9, 2014

CRAZY WEEK!

Dear Family/Friends, 

This week was seriously a roller coaster! Our first trial that happened was with Judy. She called us on Wednesday, the day we were going to have a hard lesson with her and said that she wanted to cancel. Not just that, she wanted to cancel everything! She didn't want to come to church, or meet with us anymore. You can imagine my disappointment... disappointed is hardly a fraction of the way I felt. I was so confused. Everything was going so well with her, and her baptism was scheduled for next week! She is struggling with her personal life situations like; Larry, her medicine, and other things. Don't worry though! She overcame the loop of the roller coaster. She still has all of these problems, but she called us on Sunday saying she doesn't want these things to take over her life. She wants to come to church next Sunday because she missed it yesterday. She wants to be able to have religion be at least one thing she can handle in life and do for herself. We were so happy!!! Her baptism will need to be moved, but that is okay. 

Trent came to church yesterday, and we had an awesome experience with him! He said to all of us in Sunday school that it is not a matter of "if" he will be baptized but a matter of "when" he will!! I about fell out of my chair when he said that! It was so exciting to hear him say that. He wants his brother to baptize him, because he and his sister are members of the church in California. I'm not sure when this will all happen, but we plan to talk about it tomorrow with him. 

Remember how I said we had to drop some investigators last week? Well one of them came to church on Sunday! She just randomly popped in during Sister Bowen's talk in sacrament meeting. I saw her get this big grin on her face as she was speaking and kind of freeze up for a moment. So I turned around to see what she saw and there was our investigator sitting in the back row! Sunday was just an awesome day for us :) 

Everything is going well here. My district is having an activity in Plattsburg today. It is about an hour and 15 min. drive from Lake Placid. We are playing games and bringing food and just having lots of fun for an hour or two. We do something fun with the district at least once a transfer. I'm excited! 

We have had some pretty hard times these past two weeks, and I've felt kind of sad. But I have really seen that with every trial comes a great blessing after. The trials at this present time wont even compare to the joy we have from the blessings we will receive. That is what I gained from Romans 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 

I am so thankful for you all and your love and support.

I love you all!! I can easily say that this church is true! 

Love Sister Keller :)

P.S. Also read Psalms 58:6.  Break their teeth, O God, in their mouth: break out the great teeth of the young lions, O Lord. 

This one made me laugh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment