Monday, June 16, 2014

UPDATES...

Dear Family/Friends, 

I hope you can forgive me and my absence of letter writing! I had a very busy week this week! It is okay though because that just means I am getting lost in the work :) So I will start by telling you about all of my investigators, and their up dates as of today. 

First of all, we found a new investigator on Thursday!! It is so cool because we found him while tracting with a member!!! His name is Jeremy. He is my official first investigator because I am the one who found him with my companion. All of my other investigators were found by other missionaries. I still consider them mine because Sister Bowen and I have done the most teaching with them. Anyway, Jeremy is young and super nice. We had a lesson with him right after church on Sunday with the member who came with us and her husband on the Restoration (first pamphlet). That was such a stellar lesson because he felt the spirit so strong!! He was crying! He told us that if missionaries came knocking on his door he would have told them to go away. But the day that we came, he just had such a strong feeling to listen to what we had to share. He couldn't wait to have another lesson with us, so he gave us 2 more days this week that he was available to see us! 

Judy: Has not shown anymore interest in seeing us. She started smoking again, and doesn't call us anymore. We have called her, and she still loves to hear from us, but she doesn't want to "deal with" lessons right now because of all of her problems going on right now. Very. Sad. Day.

Trent: Planning to be baptized in California by his brother. He said he will probably go there sometime at the end of June or beginning of July. So the date will be in July for sure. I'm so excited for him!!! He has a testimony but didn't want to share it with Sister Bowen and I. He felt more comfortable telling the Miskin's (Senior missionaries) his testimony. So the way we planned to have that happen was we asked them to invite Trent over for dinner and casually ask him what his testimony is and why he wanted to be baptized. I don't know what happened exactly, but I know it went well. 

Lonni: (Woman who bore her testimony in church a long time ago) We taught her the Word of Wisdom. I swear, the spirit just completely took over me when we taught her that lesson. It went so well! She is one who likes to talk a lot and it is hard to get her to stay focused. But I told her we have only a little time to explain this lesson and it is very important that she pays attention, because it will make her life so much easier to feel the spirit with out all of the coffee and smoke in her body to distract the spirit. She started crying half way through the lesson and kept saying "it's true!" "you're right!". She committed to do stop, but I know it will still take a lot of help to stop completely. 

John and Jill: Cute little family with a baby, that we taught a lesson a while ago. We haven't seen them in a long time. 

Amy and Francis: Old couple, taught by us once. Haven't taught them for a while either. 

Sherri: Honestly, I don't know what is going on in her life right now. She won't reply to us. A friend of hers whom is a member told us she took a second job so is busy all the time. 

Marybeth: We helped her move on Friday and Saturday with the help of lots of members of the branch. We initially dropped her, but she wants to start seeing us again once she is settled into her new home! She also loves to come to church. She is pretty awesome. 

Well, this was my week! It was so great. I am in my last week of my second transfer. This coming Saturday the 21st, I will get the phone call from my Zone Leaders telling me what will happen. Then on Wednesday the 25th, we will officially start transfer 3. If Sister Bowen leaves, we will drive to the mission home on Tuesday, switch companions, and I will come back to Lake Placid with my new companion. It could be the other way around though, who knows :) 

I love you all! The church is true! 

Love, 
Sister Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment