Dear Family/Friends,
Well, I guess all I really do want for Christmas is my two front teeth! If you picture a cartoon character like Tom and Jerry getting something thrown at their teeth and see how they break, that is what I looked like. The dentist fixed my smile though! My teeth still look pretty and you can't tell at all that they were broken :) I can of course because my bite is different. It was such a terrible experience though... Sister Bowen was such a huge help for me. She helped me pick up all of the shattered pieces, and then gave me a big hug and let me cry for a while in her arms. I am SO thankful to be where I am and have a good dentist! Oh, by the way, I had to pay for it myself. The Missionary Medical card wasn't accepted by the dental place. But, Sister Wirthlin told me to send the receipt to her and she will reimburse me for it. I told her to send the check home to you. So you should be getting that within a month or so. Let me know so I can tell her you got it.
On Tuesday, Sister Bowen and I went to a tutor training at the library. We will be teaching people how to speak English for one of our services! It is all volunteer work and the woman in charge requested that we would be there because of our teaching experience. I first met with a boy from China and helped him read and do simple work sheets. It was fun!
Yes, I am starting my 3rd week in my second transfer. I'm thinking I'll stay here and take over the area while Sister Bowen goes to one more area before she goes home. I would like to have her finish here with me though! Our investigators love her!!! They are still doing awesome. Judy is two weeks smoke free today! Yea!! June 21st can't get here soon enough! We are currently trying to help her find a new place to live. Our Branch President is such a big help to us for her. He found two places she could move to, and will get all of the able men and women of the branch to come help her move out. We haven't had our lesson with her on the Law of Chastity yet, but we are hoping we will on Wednesday with a member there to help share testimony.
We had to drop 3 of our investigators. You don't know of any of them because we haven't been able to teach any of them. They just weren't keeping contact/or showing any more interest. It is a very hard decision to make, but it had to be done. We don't get rid of their records though, because future missionaries might have better chances with them.
Even though this week was pretty miserable, it never shook my faith. I still know that I am in the right place, and doing incredible work with the Lord. The church is true!
I love you all!
Love, Sister Keller
No comments:
Post a Comment