So, this week has been a very yellow week! It was sunny, and beautiful, and happy! We had a zone meeting and President Wirthlin was there. He came to me and told me not to leave without a package he had in his car. I was so happy to see the box full of yellow stuff! It just made the week perfect! Thank you for the watch!!!! It is the exact one I wanted!!! We can actually know how long our lessons are with people now. We were struggling with time. We typically try to keep lessons to about 30-45 mins. We've had some that went almost 2 hours... They were amazing lessons though, so I don't regret it!!!
It is very beautiful here now. Spring finally came!! The trees turned green over night! And flowers bloomed everywhere!! It just made me really happy :)
We had some awesome lessons with Judy this week, and she came to church on Sunday! We talked about the Temple during one of our lessons, and she can't wait to go through there someday! With her baptism coming up in June, she will be able to attend the next Temple trip with the branch this fall! She has so far gone one week without smoking! She is doing awesome. We have a tough lesson coming up with her... the law of chastity. She has a man living with her right now who is quite a bit younger than her and we know they aren't married, but he takes care of her. She doesn't have romantic feelings for him, but we think he does for her. It will be a powerful test of her faith, but if she truly wants to be baptized, they will have to live separately. It's going to be hard, but I have faith in her! I pray that Larry (the man living with her) will be understanding!!
We had a couple lessons with Trent this week too. This was probably the best part of the week. Very good lessons too!! So it started with us trying to decide on what we should teach Trent. We were having a very hard time. We finally just put our books down and said a prayer. When we finished, the thought came to my head how awesome it would be if he could sit down with us to teach a different investigator. Or even sit with the Elders during a discussion with one of their investigators. Just so he could experience what it is like from our side of the couch! We decided to have a lesson where we ask him a bunch of doctrine questions, and see what he knows, and what his testimony might be. We were in the training center and having our discussion, then all of the sudden this 16 year old girl walks in and starts playing pool behind us. We didn't know this but she had been eavesdropping the whole time! She got the courage to come talk to us, and then we invited her to sit down with us for the lesson. She DID!!!! It was so awesome!!! We changed what our lesson was and followed the spirit to teach about the restoration. She had some pretty hard questions about God, and was really having a hard time understanding that exaltation/eternal happiness in the kingdom of our Father is our ultimate goal in life to work towards. We were so happy that Trent was there, because he was able to relate to her and help her understand. He taught her in his own funny way about the gospel, like a real missionary!!!!!!!! I was so amazed to see my impression become real! The power of prayer is so incredible, and I have come to rely on it with everything! I know that God hears and answers us, and He did prepare me for our lesson with Trent in the most incredible way!!! I don't know when he will be baptized, but I can see it happening in his future!
Well everyone, I love you all very much and miss you like crazy! I LOVE being a missionary though!!! Turn the TV off on Sundays. If I can go for 18 months straight with no TV, you can too. I don't care that I have the excuse of being a missionary. Just try it. It will help you feel closer to me. The church is true!!
Love Sister Keller

No comments:
Post a Comment