Dear Family/Friends,
Thank you for all of the cards you send me. I love how they are based on missionaries! They make me so happy. I love hearing from you each week. I am doing really well in Lake Placid. Everyone is so nice to us. We had the senior couple missionaries come with us to a lesson with Trent the other night and they said that we are both incredible teachers and that we can really bring the spirit anywhere we go.
My companion and I go to an Episcopalian church every Monday for dinner and to talk with foreign exchange people so that they can learn better English. Well, when we go, there are also other members of that religion who go for the dinner and their pastor is just amazed at how much the people love talking with us! There isn't a moment that passes by that we are not talking with someone! We have the light of Christ with us and that draws people to us. I LOVE IT!! The senior missionaries always tell us that people say, "Those two girls attract everyone around them!"
When we didn't have our car, we walked everywhere. That made people talk about us even more. It was cold, rainy or snowing and we still walked. People notice us by the way we dress and the big smile on our face and see that there is something different about us. They want to know what it is and how they can be just as happy. So, we tell them "the good news".
I love being a missionary! One day while we were walking, a family with 2 little kids walked by us and they shouted, "Look. Missionaries!" I love how excited members get when they see us walk by on the street. I remember how awesome it was to see some elders riding their bikes around town at home. Now I get to see people get happy to see us. We do such an important work here. We are bringing souls unto Christ. We are helping people find the thing they didn't know they were looking for. And when they find it, their lives are so much better and have purpose.
I love you all. The church is true.
Sister Keller
No comments:
Post a Comment