Monday, July 21, 2014

Awesome week!

Hey family/friends! 

I had the most awesome week!!!! Everything went the way it was planned. Trent was baptized!!!!!!!!!!!! He called us before and after the baptism so that we knew what was happening. You could just tell in his voice and attitude the difference there was from being an investigator to a new member of the church. He is now an Aaronic Priesthood holder as well!!! I am so happy :') He was the very first person I had ever had a lesson with. It was a long, hard process, but we kept him in our prayers and thoughts every minute of every day trying to know how we could help him come closer to Christ. It happened though! Finally! He is a whole different person now. He knows that God loves him. He knows that the church is true! 

Now Jeremy is next :) We had a really awesome Sunday with him. We talked about his baptism the day before to help him know what needs to happen. We asked him to ponder on who he would like to baptize him. We were thinking one of the Elders should do it, but they suggested Brother Sipler. He is a recent convert to the church. He was baptized a week before I got here. Him and Jeremy have gotten to be really good friends. Our first lesson with him, we had Brother Sipler present so that he could bear testimony about the things we shared. When we asked Jeremy if this is what he would like, he loved the idea! We then went to Brother Sipler and asked him to baptize Jeremy, and he started to cry! He said it would be an honor, and gave him a big hug. So this weekend was a pretty emotional one, but tears of joy!!! I couldn't be happier right now! This transfer has just been so much fun! So many amazing things are happening. 

So tonight, the Plattsburgh Sisters are coming to pick Sister Bowen and I up to drive to Utica so we can stay in the Mission home. We are having a Sisters Conference on Tuesday over there. I'm pretty excited for that! Then next Monday, Sister Bowen and I will drive to Utica again. This time for her to go to Palmyra and see the sacred grove, go to the temple etc. I will be with a different sister during this time on an exchange in Hamilton. On August 6th, we will be in Utica AGAIN, but this time for transfers! I will get my new companion there and bring her back to Lake Placid. Sister Bowen will fly home on the 7th. We have some crazy busy weeks ahead of us!!! 

Hey, we got a new car :) our old one had too many miles on it. We have a silver 2014 Toyota Corolla now. It's fun! I hope I am the designated driver next transfer so I can drive it!!! 

I love you all so much! I pray for you night and day!! Everything here is going great! I love the work! The church is true!!! 

Your favorite missionary, 
Sister Keller



No comments:

Post a Comment