Monday, August 4, 2014

BAPTISM #2

Dear Family/Friends, 

Hey Hey Hey! This week was amazing!!! Sooo much stuff happened! So, first of all, Jeremy's baptism went so well! Brother Sipler had to say the prayer 4 times because he wouldn't say it exactly right. It was cringing, but also funny because he would mess up the same thing over and over again. He finally got it right, and was able to baptize him. It was so amazing to see this young man make this change in his life. We see in him that he is ready to be a disciple of Christ. We asked him why he made the decision to be baptized and he responded saying he knew it would bring him closer to God. What an amazing answer!!! Sister Bowen sang at the baptism, and we watched a Mormon Message. His mom and twin brother came to support him, which was great! They were very happy for him. His brother had mixed emotions, but I'm sure they all felt the spirit. He was confirmed yesterday, and Sister Bowen was able to write down the prayer for him so he could read it all the time. This guy seriously needs to serve a mission now. He could be an amazing missionary! 

Our trip to Utica went great! I had a really fun time in Hamilton on exchange with Sister Fiefia. I really hope I get to serve there one day. The people were awesome. I loved teaching and giving church tours. We went tracting in a trailer park over there and had a scary experience! This guy came to his door and was very rude. He said some threatening things to us and told us to go away. We just said something like, alright, have a nice day! Everything is all good though. It's not like I haven't had a door slammed in my face before. Sister Bowen had a fun time in Palmyra. I am excited for my opportunity to go there next year! It will be fall time, so it will be very beautiful! 

The next day, Thursday, we hung out at the mission office for a little bit to get new cell phones. President Wirthlin came up to me and asked me to come into his office. I had 2 theories of what he wanted to tell me. I was either in trouble, or becoming a trainer for the next transfer. Can you guess what happened?? I am training a new sister this next transfer!!!!!! I was very surprised! I was amazed at how soon I have been called to be a trainer. The Lord knew I was ready now I guess. So I will be staying in Lake Placid for another 12 weeks! That is how long a missionary trains for. I don't know who she is yet. We always find out who we are training with at transfers. So I will know this Wednesday who she is. I am excited! 

On Saturday, one of our investigators, Lonni, took us to the top of White Face Mountain. There is a castle up there and a beautiful view of everything. It got stormy really fast up there, so the clouds blocked our view. Thunder and lightening came and one struck the castle we were in! The worker was funny because he told us all that we had just been struck by lightening. It was so loud! I am alright though. The electricity in the air made our hair go crazy though. It was fun! 

I love yous all very much! :) I actually said "yous" one day and Sister Bowen laughed. It is a weird accent that people in the North Country have. I am slowly picking it up now... haha. The church is true! 

Love, Sister Keller 

No comments:

Post a Comment