I had a really good week! Being in a trio is a lot of fun! It was a three day exchange with our Sister Training Leader, Sister Barlow. The whole purpose of this special exchange was so that we can improve our short and frequent lessons with investigators. I hope we can do them more often, as well as still doing the normal 24 hour exchanges. I really grow a lot when we do those, and I know that Sister Dahl would too.
I absolutely love the members here! They are so good to us! One family made goodie bags for the Elders and us. These goodie bags where huge, and clear full of food! It is enough to last us the week! I also love visiting them all. They are so fun. I really hope to stay in touch with them. One member wants to invite me to their wedding reception next year. I thought that was so sweet.
I don't have very much to report on with investigators. I am teaching a very old couple that have the desire to be baptized, so that is way cool! They love us. They yell from the door for us when we pull up! They literally tell us to hurry up and get in there! I think it is funny. Jeremy is preparing to go to the Palmyra Temple with the whole branch in a couple weeks. I am so excited for him! He is even more excited though! He couldn't wait to tell us he got his recommend from the branch president. He also bought a CTR ring online that he couldn't wait to show us. It is so awesome to see how much he has grown. In just 3 months he went from smoking, and no church, to a priesthood holder and now on his way to the temple! He passed the sacrament for the first time yesterday. It is now his calling to prepare the sacrament each week. I'm just so happy for him. It also really helps me know that I am doing a good job as a missionary.
I hope I can get a hair cut soon. It might not happen for a couple weeks because I can only do it on Mondays, and it is Labor day next week. They are so expensive here... it's too complicated to cut it myself though. I want more than just a trim. A lot more. Maybe someone in the branch can cut hair.
I am so excited for you all to start school again! I wish I could see you go! You all looked super cute in your "first day of school" pictures! I love you guys so much! I know that you have seen a lot of missionaries come home these past couple weeks, but don't let that get to you! It will be my turn next year! I love being a missionary! I am not ready to come home yet! These people need me here. But hey! guess what! it has been 5 months! I am almost a third of my way done! I will have spent a 3rd of my mission here in Lake Placid. WOW! The church is true!
Love,
Sister Keller
P.S. A huge thank you to the Vrba's (I wear the necklace everyday) and to the Robinson's for their packages!
I LOVED THEM!!
No comments:
Post a Comment