This week went SO much better than last week. Thank you all so much for your prayers and HUGS!!! It all really helped me. I got the flowers you sent me that same day!!!! I was so surprised! They are beautiful. Thank you so much!! I have been truly humbled by this experience of training. It is still hard, but with the help of my constant companion I get through it. I seriously wouldn't know what I would do if I didn't have the Spirit with me to lead and direct me in the work. I have learned how to put my full faith in the Lord.
We had a really neat lunch appointment with some members the other day. When we arrived, we could just feel the tension that was there between the family members. They had just been in a huge argument before we showed up. Their daughter went up to her room the whole time we were there. We stayed with the parents, and had a good uplifting conversation about church stuff, and gave them a spiritual thought at the end of our meal. We then went upstairs to the daughters room to see if we could help her in any way. We had an investigator we were planning on seeing right after we left, and we had the impression to ask this daughter if she would like to come with us. It would get her out of the house and focus on the Lord for an hour of her day. She told us No, and came up with a bunch of excuses. I then had another impression to say a prayer with her. I can't explain how the spirit took over me, but that prayer was one of the strongest overpowering prayers I have ever said for someone. The moment I said "amen" her whole attitude did a 180. She perked up, and said she would love to come teach with us! The spirit was so strong at that moment! It was so cool!
This week, we will be on a special exchange. I am going to be in a trio for a couple days. One of my Sister Training Leaders will be coming to our area to teach with us. It should be interesting and fun. I think we will learn a lot!
So, as you have already seen, I am on Facebook now! It is going to be such a huge help with staying in touch with the people we meet, and be able to contact them on a daily basis now. We will even be able to have lessons with them using Facebook. We just "message" them. I have to admit, it was hard to see that part of my life again. As a missionary, that stuff had been set aside for 5 months now of my life, and seeing all of my world at home was very strange. It is so tempting to send you all a quick "Hi" but I know that, that would be disobedient. We have been given this special privilege and if we take advantage of it, President will take away ALL computer privileges. You, however, may comment/like the posts that I put on my page. I can respond as long as we keep things missionary based. I have to always maintain my sacred calling as a servant of the Lord in conversation and in photography.
I love you all so much! I am doing much better now, so it's all good :) The church is true!
Love, Sister Keller
P.S. Thanks for the play-dough. I had fun!!
No comments:
Post a Comment