Trent is here letting us use the Olympic Training Center to email again since the Library is closed. We've had a pretty cool day. I have been showing Sister Dahl around town and letting her see the cool visitor centers. Tried to go shopping, but we get sick of Gap after a while. It sure would be nice to have a Walmart or a Target closer to us. They are in Plattsburgh which is an hour away from us.
This month will mark my 6th month mark!! I have a 3rd of my mission done! It's crazy that I have been in Lake Placid for that entire time!! Just a year left to go! I have been having so much fun here though. I really, really love the people here. Especially the members. This branch is just awesome. They are all such great people. My current investigators are awesome as well. We are teaching Marybeth, Brandy, Brittany, Lonni, a family of 5, and the elderly couple I mentioned before. They are all pretty fun. We enjoy teaching and getting to know all of them.
We had a super awesome weekend! During 3rd hour on Sunday, we and the elders taught everyone the Restored Teaching Method. It is basically the way we teach investigators. We wanted to show the members how we teach the Message of the Restoration so that when we invite them to come with us, they know what to expect of the layout of the lesson. The members really enjoyed our lesson. We were able to follow up with one family that evening at a dinner appointment on how they liked it, and they are excited to start working with us more. It was awesome to see how many members came up to us right after church to tell us they are willing to come teaching with us! I do have a strong testimony in the way we teach investigators. It is simple, short, and spirit filled.
On Saturday we were out on our bikes. We had so many opportunities to talk with people on the street because of it. We rode past one man sitting in his truck with a map and he looked pretty lost. So I told Sister Dahl that we should turn around and see if we could help him find his way. He was so grateful for us, and we were able to point him in the right direction. We didn't get to give him any literature, but we still planted a seed for him. Next time he sees missionaries, he will remember that a couple of sisters helped him find his way. Right after that, we rode a little further and a biker called out to us. She was so excited to see us riding along and told us she and her husband were riding across the US. They told us about their life, and said they may not look like Mormons because of the motorcycle get up but they were! I though it was awesome. We found all of these people from just being outside riding around and gave ourselves that time before we met a potential who turns out to be a really awesome woman we hope to teach about family history.
Well everybody, you are awesome! I love you all this much!
[-----------------------O-----------------------] (pretend that is my arms stretched out)
The church is true!
Love, Sister Keller
No comments:
Post a Comment