Monday, September 29, 2014

BEAUTIFUL FALL

Dear Yous Guys, 

I had a pretty awesome week! It is getting extremely beautiful here with the leaves changing! It has also been really nice outside. So we have been out riding our bikes a lot! When you think of New York, I bet you think of sky scrapers, taxi cabs, and pavement. That is the exact opposite of where I am! Trees sweep every inch of the earth it seems like. The mountains look like they are painted red, yellow, purple, orange, green, and brown from all of the trees. It is just beautiful!

The General Woman's Conference was amazing! It was very spiritual and the messages were very powerful to me. We got to watch it at the church. There was only one person who showed up to watch it with us, so we had a great evening with the 3 of us. I don't know if I told you this, but I have been teaching myself how to play some songs on the piano. We have a piano in our apartment, so I take advantage of it. I have memorized "We Thank Thee Oh God, for a Prophet" with both hands! We were teaching a lesson to an elderly couple one day, and I noticed that they had a piano. So I asked them if they would mind if I played a song for them when we finished the lesson. I played this song, and it completely changed the feelings that were felt. Everyone got really quiet, and it brought the spirit so strong! I am now working on "I am a Child of God".  I can't wait to play for you all when I come home. 

I had to get my flu shot today. Sister Wirthlin has been telling all of the missionaries to get them, because it is spreading like mad up here! My companion is such a sharing person. She thought it would be nice to give me her cold. So we're just a couple of sniffling missionaries right now. I tried to avoid it, but it is a little difficult when you are with someone 24/7, and within sight and sound of each other at all times. Not fun... It's all good though. 

Okay! So Sunday was really cool. As you know from Sister Dalmas, her friends; the Allred family came to my branch. We were at the church building on Saturday evening using the computer when we got a phone call from them asking what time Sacrament meeting started. So I found them after church and told them I was the one they were on the phone with. We started talking, and I asked them where they were from. When they said Idaho, I said I was from there too! Then Sister Allred asked me if I knew a Lisa Dalmas. I said yes, and that she was my Mom's visiting teacher! Way cool! They also told me that they lived in the Shelly Idaho area, so I asked them if they know the Leckington's. They said "yeah, we know Shawn"! I then went on to tell them how he was the one who was part of Dad's conversion to the church. It was just a really cool conversation. 

So my branch went on their temple trip this weekend!! Guess who went?! Jaremy! After only being a member for 2 months, he got to see where it all started in Palmyra, and enter the house of the Lord. I think it is funny. I have been a member my whole life, and I haven't gotten to see any of that yet, and he is just barely baptized and got to see everything! I am so happy for him! He said it was an AMAZING time! Trent didn't get to go because of a Skeleton race. I got to see him go, and he got 1st place!! He is really good! We were very proud of him. 

I have decided to start working on a scrap book of my mission. I printed a bunch of pictures off, and I have kept all of the letters people have been sending me which I will include in the book. I have started taking pictures of me with the members, and people I teach. I am really excited, because this will be something I can look back on forever.

I have been reading my scriptures like crazy lately. I have finished the Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants, and now I am almost finished with the Pearl of Great Price. I have developed such a strong testimony of the scriptures. I know that they are truly God's word, and they have been such a great tool for me in the work. They bring me so much comfort, and joy, and I never want to put them down! I know that when we keep our hearts and minds in the scriptures, we will be as strong as Helaman's army, the Stripling warriors. We can fight temptation and all manner of wickedness. The church is true! 

Love you all! 
Sister Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment