Monday, September 8, 2014

I KNOW WHO I AM

Hey there everyone! 

How is life in the West? Good I hope. Things have been pretty awesome here. You wouldn't believe how much things are changing already! They have so many trees here of all kinds and the leaves are just beautiful. It has been nice seeing colors other than green. It has also cooled down quite a bit.  Fall comes fast! 

So we had a pretty good week, but also some sad times. A less-active member of our branch just died recently. I loved going to see her. I am glad that I got to bring Sister Dahl to see her a couple times before she passed. She was just the sweetest lady. I knew how much she struggled though, so I am happy that she is in a better place and with her family again.

Sister Dahl and I experienced some hard-core Bible bashing with an investigator. We no longer consider her a progressing investigator. All she wants to do is learn bits and pieces of the gospel. At first we thought she was really interested. But as it turns out, she found joy in trying to prove every bit of doctrine wrong with her bible. She said there were some things that fascinated her about the church. Like, temple work for example. So we are going to teach her what she wants to learn for now rather than wasting our time with this bible bash nonsense. In time, we pray that the Lord will soften her heart and she will realize that what we teach is true.

We had a very annoying OYM (open your mouth) experience. So we are just walking along the side walk, being friendly, saying hello and smiling, handing out cards etc.. All of the sudden we see a group of people walking by, handing out cans of beer for FREE! We couldn't believe our eyes. People were gladly taking alcohol off of the street while ignoring our friendly "hello". Just shows how much Satan is influencing the world today... Other than all of that, we had a pretty swell week with teaching our awesome investigators and recent converts. 

I finally got the package with the skirt and two shirts. Thanks!!!! I've been wanting those types of things!! They fit perfectly too. I also got a letter from Mema and Papa. I love getting their letters. They are so sweet. I still get my weekly letter from Grandma and Pappy! I love those!!! I also got my hair cut! It was long enough to donate! I don't know how to do that sort of thing, so I am sending it home. I know how much you like getting pieces of me in the mail. :)

I think it is really great that you are trying harder to have FHE, and scripture study, and prayers together. TRUST ME, the more you work at it and the more often you do it, you will feel so weird when you forget to read scriptures or say prayers. I literally can not go to sleep without saying a prayer first and tell Heavenly Father how grateful I am for each day. 

I am a Latter-day Saint. I am a full time, totally committed disciple of Jesus Christ. I wont look back, let up, slow down, or be still. I know where I came from, I know why I am here and I know where I am headed. I am no where near perfect, I have so much to learn. My faults are obvious to everyone, especially me. I have a friend who is perfect and He can help me along my way. I strive to live by inspiration, learn by faith, love by patience, lift by prayer, and labor with power. My pace is set, my gait is fast, my goal is Celestial. My road is narrow, the mountains are high, my way is rugged, my companions few, my Guide reliable, my mission clear. I cannot be bought, compromised deterred, lured away, turned back or stopped. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate with the enemy, pause at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I will be the very best I can be in every aspect of my life. I am a Latter-day Saint. I must go forward until I am called home, give until I drop, teach until all know, and work until Jesus comes again. And He will come again. He will find me doing the best I know how to build His kingdom here. I know that the church is true! 

Love, Sister Keller

1 comment:

  1. Holy smokes, this is AMAZING! Who knew Sister Keller was a poet?! I sure didn't but now I do! It's marvelous what the Spirit can do with us when we are receptive. I sure do miss that girl. :)

    ReplyDelete