I got my transfer call on Saturday! No surprise there. I am once again, staying in Lake Placid. I knew that was coming, but I hoped for a change. Hopefully next transfer I'll go somewhere else! This means I will be here for 7 months! I think the record is 9.
So we had a pretty fun week! We went to Return and Report on Thursday which was a lot of fun. I loved seeing all of my friends there who are trainers as well. We had District Conference on Saturday and Sunday which was awesome! Elder Bennett of the Seventy was there to speak! It was fun, we all drove to Malone to attend. My entire zone was there, so I got to see the 2 Elders from my MTC district.
We had a sweet district activity today! (that is why I am so late emailing today) We went to a huge base ball field and set up volleyball nets, played soccer, and kick ball. I took a picture, but I don't have my camera with me. I'll send it next week.
I pretty much just have one progressing investigator now. She is not the only one we visit, but she is the only one showing any sort of interest in learning more. We have really been working hard with her. We visit her every single day, and she finally reads the Book of Mormon! She always told us she hates reading but now that she actually started, she can't put it down! She wished she had just picked it up and read it a long time ago. It has been so awesome seeing how far she has come in these past two weeks. I am very happy for her! She is seeing the blessings more clearly and understanding that God really is answering her prayers!
I am doing really good with reading my scriptures! I am almost done with Doctrine and Covenants. That book has some amazing stuff! I am learning so much more about the church from studying it. Once you get into sections 120 and on, it gets deep in doctrine! I love it!!
I love you all so much!! the church is true!!
Sister Keller
No comments:
Post a Comment