Monday, September 22, 2014

I WILL STAY WHERE HE WANTS ME TO STAY


Dear Family,

At the beginning of this transfer, I felt kind of uneasy about serving here in Lake Placid for another 6 weeks. I wasn't sure what more there is to be done by me, or how I was to do it. I was also feeling like I am stuck here, because I have been here for so long. I made it my goal for this whole week to remember why I love Lake Placid. To really focus on my time that I have here, and why I have been called to serve here. I did a lot of praying and a lot of reflecting with my companion. I am so grateful for the answers that I received. I found a quote in Preach My Gospel that really hit me hard. "The attitude you have toward your mission is a reflection of your love toward your Heavenly Father and His Son and your respect for the priesthood." After reading this I now have a complete understanding that the Lord sent me here for a reason. I am called to serve here because I am the only one who can touch the hearts of these people at this time. (along with my companion) These people needed a missionary like me, and the Lord knew that. He knew that I could help these wonderful people. I have seen the things I have been able to do here, and I really do see all of the good that I have done. I love my Heavenly Father, and I love His children. I need to show it more! I must also respect my mission president's priesthood authority. I know that it is through his personal revelation from God that we are called to serve where we are. I am very happy to say that I will go where He wants me to go. I will stay where He wants me to stay as well. So if I am called to serve here my whole mission, I am happy to do so. There is always work to be done. It will never stop until all has heard the gospel, and have accepted to come unto Christ by faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the Holy Ghost, and endure to the end! 

We received a headquarter referral this week. Those come from Salt Lake. They told us someone wanted a bible in our area. We called the person and told them we would love to bring it to them. They didn't want us to and hung up the phone pretty quick. We didn't give up though. We mailed the Bible to them and had a personal note attached with it and our names and phone number. Also an articles of faith card. We tracked the package, and it got to them. Hopefully they will have an interest in us. We also received an interesting phone call from an excommunicated member the other day. She called the church, and the Clerk, Brother Parrish, referred her to us. She told us that she wants to come back to church! She also wanted a priesthood blessing. We are very excited for her. We have been keeping contact with her and are becoming friends. She seems like a very sweet lady. I just wish she lived closer. Her home is just barely outside of mission boundaries, so we can't really go visit her. President Evans (branch pres.) is still trying to decide what to do. She would love to come to our branch, but she isn't in the boundary...
I am excited to see what happens!! 

Guess what! The Jehovah's Witnesses came back... They knew me by name, and said they wanted to meet with us! uhhhh... Okay! Sure! Nothing wrong with that :) So this should be a cool experience for Sister Dahl and I to share our beliefs and bare testimony of truth :) Because the church is true, you know :)

Love, Sister Keller 



No comments:

Post a Comment