Monday, April 21, 2014

Remember me?

Remember me? I can't believe it has already been a month! It went by so fast for me! Probably really slow for all of you. But everything is still great up here in the north country. "Yous girls awtah git some rain boots for the muddy season!" I hear that every day, so I went and bought some today!

I had a great Easter! We had so many people invite us over for dinner, so we had to go with the first two that asked us for Saturday and Sunday. We don't have to cook for ourselves at all this week! Everyone loves inviting us over for dinner.

My exchange went pretty great! I was so nervous to take over my area, but it wasn't so bad. My companion was Sister Langford; our Sister Training Leader. When we came back together, she accidentally took our car keys with her, and they live 2 hours away from us! So we didn't have a car on Sunday. The elders had to take us to church. Luckily, for our dinner appointment we were all invited to the same place and we got our keys back. Still doesn't do us any good though because we won't have our car anyway this week. It has to go to the shop.  So we are walking missionaries for the next few days!

So with one of our investigators, Judy, we had our first lesson. She used to see elders, but they put off a very poor impression, and she quit seeing them for a long time. We started her up again, and she has never felt the spirit so strong! She read in the Book of Mormon, said the closing prayer, and committed to work towards baptism!! (ie. stop smoking, come to church) She came to church, and LOVED it!  Another one of our investigators, Trent, calls US to make teaching appointments! He is the one who is training for the Olympics and does the skeleton.  He comes to church regularly, and commits to everything we ask him. I swear he looks just like Mr. Dewitt! Only 20 years younger.

My testimony has grown so much being out here. I truly want everyone to know of the happiness that this gospel brings, and how much it will bless their lives! I am so greatful for the Atonement. Jesus Christ is our savior, redeemer, and brother! I know that God is our loving heavenly father who does hear and answer our prayers. By the power of the Holy Ghost, we can know if these things are true. You just need to listen to it, and act upon it. I miss our ward. It was so big! Here it is just a branch. There are maybe 60 people! 

You would not believe how much people love their Adirondack Mountains over here! Almost every store has the title "Adirondack" in it! And guess what!?!?  I sat in an Adirondack chair, in the Adirondacks!! Life is complete.




Congrats to Chad on his wedding, Bree and Derek on their GIRL, and Maddy!! 
I knew you would go to prom Maddy :)

I love you all! The church is true!!
Love, Sister Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment