Kenzie with her companion Sister Bowen and President and Sister Joseph B. Wirthlin Jr.
This has been the longest week since we dropped Kenzie off at the MTC. She arrived in New York last Tuesday but we had no idea where she was sent or who her companion was. Getting her email today was amazing and made this momma sigh a breath of relief. =)
Here is her first letter from the field....
Hi
everyone!!
Sorry
it took me so long today! I've been pretty busy! So right now I am in Lake
Placid. It is way up north on the mission boundaries. New Yorkers would say
"it's up narth". I live with a member in their little bonus house. It
is right across the street from an elementary school. It's just me and my
companion living there. Her name is Sister Bowen, and she is great!! She is
training me very well. She came when she was 21 and is almost done with her
mission. She has 3 transfers left. (each transfer is 6 weeks). I will be with
her training for 2 transfers (hopefully). Our apartment is so cute! It is also
very very small. A kitchen, bedroom, a bathroom, and our study room. I have my own washing machine too!
So
anyway, I have taught a couple of investigators. One is very close to baptism.
He had a date set, but isnt sure if he feels ready for it yet. So we will keep
working for it, when ever it will be! Yes, I have had lots of dinner
appointments! I have tons this week too. I have been able to cook all of my meals
as well. We haven't had to go out to eat
at all.
Things
are going great! My first time tracting was Saturday. I had a lot of doors
slammed in my face, and I slipped on the ice. It was still a good day though!
We "planted lots of seeds" It is cold here, and very muddy. Still
lots of snow too. The town is very cute. Every one here is very nice to us!
Because I wear this name tag, it is the first thing people see. Then they look
at how I act and how I talk and how I'm dressed, so I must show that I am an example
of the Savior at all times! Just because of this name tag, people know exactly
who I represent. I have never had so many people come up and talk to me before
this!! It is crazy!! But I love it! I love being a missionary. I am having so
much fun and doing a lot of hard work too. My companion says I am doing very
well for only being a rookie. It is because I put all of my effort into it. And
I love teaching people, and showing them the blessings that this gospel gives.
I
love you all so much, and I think about you every day! I dont want you to worry
about me, because everything is going amazing right now!
Well
I gotta get going. The church is true!
Love
you all!!! Bye now.
Love,
your Sister Keller :)

No comments:
Post a Comment